+ Reply to Thread

Default (PICS) 21 M. I cant tell if im going bald really paranoid please help.

http://imgur.com/a/aacc3http://imgur.com/a/r6jsZ

Nobody in my family is bald, what NW do you think I have?

You have thinning on the hairline, but there's a good chance it's just a normal mature hairline rather than baldness. Future hair loss is likely to depend on what your family history is. If you ever have worries, your best bet is to visit a derm, but honestly it looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseHeisenberg47 View Post
    You have thinning on the hairline, but there's a good chance it's just a normal mature hairline rather than baldness. Future hair loss is likely to depend on what your family history is. If you ever have worries, your best bet is to visit a derm, but honestly it looks fine to me.
    I think I have some form of OCD, and hypochondria and like 7 months ago I was super afraid I had cancer, I had convinced myself that I was going to be dead by Christmas and during that time I was shedding and pulling hair like crazy, my hair was super thin at that time, but since then ive regained most of my thickness, is it possible those hairs are just regrowth?

Quote Originally Posted by JesseHeisenberg47 View Post
    also dont my temples being higher than the front of my hairline mean im receding?

Sorry to hear you're going through this, stress and other conditions can accelerate hair loss, but I don't think it would necessarily follow the classic hair loss pattern. I do think the hairs at the front are miniaturising (bear in mind if they were to grow back normally they'd be growing back fully without hair loss) and there could be a small amount of recession, but this just goes hand-in-hand with the thinning. I do honestly think it's just a mature hairline developing and that your hair does look great. But the benefit to you asking now at this stage is that you're aware of everything, so if something does happen, you're ready to act really early and are able to have the best chance possible of solving it (if it even develops past the mature hairline, which at this stage it really isn't).