Accidental Sun exposure 2 weeks after Transplant - What will happen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killersoup1
    • May 2017

Accidental Sun exposure 2 weeks after Transplant - What will happen?

Hey guys,

So i've adhered strictly to all the post operation advice for the first 2 weeks after my 500 graft hairline transplant. Today, 14 days after the transplant, I had a fight with my brother, I left the house and forgot to cover my head with a hat. I was under intense sunlight for about 45 minutes before realising what I had done.

It is now 10 hours later, and there is no discolouration or pain in the recipient area. Just numbness, tightness and tingling. I am very scared about what might happen. Might I Have done any permanent damage to the grafts? Might I not get the same results at the end?
  • JoeTillman
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by killersoup1
    Hey guys,

So i've adhered strictly to all the post operation advice for the first 2 weeks after my 500 graft hairline transplant. Today, 14 days after the transplant, I had a fight with my brother, I left the house and forgot to cover my head with a hat. I was under intense sunlight for about 45 minutes before realising what I had done.

It is now 10 hours later, and there is no discolouration or pain in the recipient area. Just numbness, tightness and tingling. I am very scared about what might happen. Might I Have done any permanent damage to the grafts? Might I not get the same results at the end?
    Contact your clinic to ask what to do in case you've gotten a sunburn on the recipient area but, in reality, you're fine. Seriously, don't worry about it.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• mattj
      Doctor Representative
      • Oct 2009

I agree with Joe: you're fine. The grafts are secure by two weeks but the skin can still be sensitive. If anything you might be experiencing some sunburn due to that sensitivity, but the transplanted follicles will be OK.
      I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

Working...