+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair transplant herbal meds

Hi All

New to the forums this being my first post. I have recently been in contact with a hairloss clinic to look at a transplant, my hair is mainly thinning around the hairline. I had never considered a transplant until recently having searched online and noticing that allot of prices were not as high as I had thought. Another issues I have always had with the procedure is I will not take meds, fin or Minoxidil this is partly due to other health problems and I don't like the idea of taking powerful medications for such a long term, this is something nobody can sway me on, But I felt there was no harm in seeing what my options were.

Once I had my consultation I was over the moon, I felt I had a solution though there were parts that bothered me and they have grown in concern over the last 2 weeks. I was almost ready to say YES lets go ahead but now It seems very unlikely. Once I was there We did speak quite a bit about the medication side, a transplant just being part of hair restoration process. I was also told that finasteride is often not taken for life, it is more to stabilise hair loss/ possible regrowth during the times of life that testosterone is peaking and eventually it would stabilise. I always thought this was a lifetime commitment ? surely DHT would continue to be produced, I would have thought it would just be more aggressive when the testosterone is rising during the ageing process, there would still be a genetic susceptibility to it binding to the hair follicles. Due to my concerns about meds the consultant told me that they offer a herbal alternative, which contains roughly about 20 ingredients, some being Sawpalmetto, Biotin, grapeseed, greentea extract etc. The consultant mentioned that Sawpalmetto is a DHT blocker, I know that it is often mentioned about doing this but is there much backing ? I always thought the research was very limited the consultant said he was taking it himself, if this was able to stabilise hair loss and have zero side effects why would anybody even take Finasatride, this doesn't make senses. Has anybody ever been offered anything like this as an alternative ? To add to this the only place you can purchase theses capsules with all 20 + ingredients is through this company.

I haven't mentioned the name of the company i had my consultation with , this is because I dont want to appear slanderous against them, overall the experience was very good and the consultant was very friendly and helpful. But alarm bells are ringing and this isn't exactly the most honest industry, I do think my concern's are warranted especially as this would be a massive investment.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks