I really dont know if Propecia will work - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I really dont know if Propecia will work

Hi,

Ok, so I have suffered from hair loss now for 3 years (31 now and strated notocing my hair was getting thin 3 years ago). I started on propecia 6 months ago (the only product I use for hairloss) and I experienced the dreaded shedding.

I thought I would stick to it and it would pass. Now it has been 6 months and the shedding just continues. Everytime I pull my hair for about a minute or two I easily get 40-50 hairs in my bathroom sink. Is this really normal? Why wont the shedding stop?

I dont know if I want to continue but alot of people here and on other forums say it will get better but my hair is getting thinner and thinner.

Last month I cut my hair and my hair looked fine short. This time short is not even working, it seems like the last month I have thinned so much that I can see my scalp in the front (hairline) and the crown.

The hairloss was never so aggressive before I started propecia 6 months ago. What is going on here? My doctor says he does not have an answer. I have one more week of dosage and need to decide if I want to continue for another 3 months. So far I have only shed and lost tons of ground.

What should I do, right now I'm so confused??

Regards
    Milad

In my opinion you have to stay on the drug. I have heard about these sheds while on propecia and so on before.

It won't make your hair loss worse. It can probably only do good. Stick with the drug for 5 more months or something and see what happens.

That is my opinion. I am new to this myself and losing my mind because of it.

ok, that is what I'm thinking also. How long have you been on propecia?

Could it also be that the hairloss is getting more and more aggressive and that the drug can not fight it anymore? Seems like a big coinsidence that my hairloss really accelerated when I started using the drug.

I have no side effects what so ever but I feel like I'm destroying my hair, it was so muche better 6 months ago, and I'm not imagining this. I could have way more hairstyles 6 months ago compared to now. The only hairstyle I can have now is to cover the visible scalp areas.

Anyone else here have experienced this? I wish I just knew what is the best way just to keep the hair I have, dont want to loose anymore

Regards
    Milad

Shedding is still a good sign. Give it a full year. The worst thing you can do is give it up after the shedding but before the regrowth. Good luck!

I have heard a TON of stories of people shedding around the 7th month mark and stuff like that. The ones that stay on the drug are so happy that they did, since they regrew it all. Sometimes regrew good amounts too.

This is only what I have read. I am new to this, only 17 days on the drug for me.

damn it, people have regrowth on this s**t

I just want to keep what I have but even that is not possible, there must be a way, I do not want to loose my hair, I look like crap now and no girl looks at me, if I loose my hair I f***d for life.

There must be something else I can do just to keep what I have ...

M

You need patience with Propecia. Give it another 12 months. If you want, add Avodart to the mix. But it's probably too soon for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mille79 View Post
    ok, that is what I'm thinking also. How long have you been on propecia?

Could it also be that the hairloss is getting more and more aggressive and that the drug can not fight it anymore? Seems like a big coinsidence that my hairloss really accelerated when I started using the drug.

I have no side effects what so ever but I feel like I'm destroying my hair, it was so muche better 6 months ago, and I'm not imagining this. I could have way more hairstyles 6 months ago compared to now. The only hairstyle I can have now is to cover the visible scalp areas.

Anyone else here have experienced this? I wish I just knew what is the best way just to keep the hair I have, dont want to loose anymore

Regards
    Milad

Mille79...i've been going through the same thing for 2 months now. I use avodart every other day and propecia in between. I've been on this regimen for about 6 moths now. At the 4 months mark i started having a nasty shed. Still hasn't stopped. I loose 1120-150 hairs a day easily. Usually they are non-pigmented fine hairs (80%) but also healthier hairs.

I've heard tons of people saying it was good....but i've never heard one say "i've had this massive shed....but now i have all my hair back"....and no pictures...not ever, and i've been scanning this forums for a while now.

I personally am thinking of quitting Avodart and staying on propecia alone. I've read some posts from people who had permanent lost from avodart shedding...but never from propecia.

Look mille79, i don't want to scare you...i'm in the same boat you are.

I really wish we could have a Doctor's input on this one.

Thats the thing. We know the stuff grows hair on some people and stops hair loss on most people.

Everything else is a blank...

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Thats the thing. We know the stuff grows hair on some people and stops hair loss on most people.

Everything else is a blank...

Yeah...because we are not getting enough feedback