+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking PRP and what to expect

I am seriously considering PRP. i am 19 years old and i have been on finasteride for about a year and 2 months. i certainly haven't had great success with it if any at all. I want to get PRP done but from what i hear, I would most benefit from getting it done by Dr. Greco. I live in St. Louis, MO though, and I'm wondering what exactly I would have to do. Do I fly out there and leave the next day? or right after? Do doctors give discounts to patients that have to travel? I'm willing to pay 1000$ for it, I'm just really intimidated about planning all of this out and having to fly out there to get this done, not to mention I definitely don't want any of my friends or family to know that I'm wanting/going to do this. Also, is there anyone Spencer recommends closer to Missouri? Thanks

Yeah... I want prp too. But traveling would cost me 3-4 times the treatment alone...

Good luck to you.............................

Damn

don't waste your time w/ PRP.. you are extremely young. Save your money to travel to asia when Histogen complex will be available in 2012..

yea but i'm losing ground. i doubt that HSC (or whatever it is) will be available by 2012. i dont want to lose ground because in my opinion i'm in pretty bad shape. i never see anyone my age with the amount of hairloss i have.

This is a doctor in my vicinity who did a trial PRP test with (something like) 15 patients - only one person showed improvement, and you'd be hard pressed to point out any enormous cosmetic difference in the before/after photos. From what I've heard, the PRP treatment's success rate is inconsistent, making the spending of $1000 seem more than a little risky...why not wait for Histogen?

p.s. Brentipold, I thought the soonest release date for the HSC was 2013. Where did you hear '12?

Yea your probably right. I always expect the worst though and I've listened to kobrens podcast on iTunes from 2005. They were saying the hair multiplication would be out in 3-5 years on those. Obviously that wasn't the case, so now when I hear that it's going to be 3-5 years for this, I can't seem to have faith. I just need something to give me hope for the near future cause I'm getting more and more depressed.

I suppose I've got more optimism as I only noticed my hair loss within the last year, thus I haven't been disappointed by any failed treatments (Intercytex). However: from what I can see, Histogen is the only product that has shown visible results, rather than inflated conjecture. I'd say their findings make the hope of a hair loss cure far more solid than anything I've seen from Aderans & co. Personally I'm holding on to the hope of Histogen as well!

I heard 2012-2013... I guess it depends when they finish the trial.. The availablity i was talking about would be in Asia.. not the US.. US wouldn't be till 2015 bc of the FDA..

1 outta 15 odds are horrible and is not worth the 1000$ Those odds are about the same with any other doctor.. Ive had prp and it did nothing for me. it was actually funny, because I had it with Dr. Feller, and right before he performed it on me I had asked him how many people has had success with it..he said 7.. and then I asked how many he has done.. He said over 40.. glup........I should have left at that point...