The Greatest Hair Transplant Ever Performed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwolfe
    • May 2017

The Greatest Hair Transplant Ever Performed?

In my opinion this is the most successful hair transplant procedure ever performed. Does anyone have any theories on this? FUE or FUT? How many grafts? Is this do able for non-billionaires and how longer until we start noticing he has more recession from Finasteride losing effectiveness?

Click image for larger version

Name:	musk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	482632
  • Stevedawg18
    • Jun 2016

Given the time period when it seemed to occur I'd say it was a FUT. I'd say he probably needed about 3000 grafts. This is definitely do able for non billionaires. 3000 graft FUT would probably run you about 10k. I've had a result I'd put on par with this and I'm just a normal person.

Comment

• mwolfe
      • May 2017

That's a really good insight about the FUT procedure. If you see him these days he always has the back long and cuts the sides short, so he might be concealing the donor scar.

I'm very surprised this is only 3k grafts. I thought this would be way more. I mean he went from almost his top full on bald to having a banging head of hair.

Have you had to deal with continued recession after the transplant? I'd like to do something like this, but I worry about running out of donor grafts.

Comment

• Stevedawg18
        • Jun 2016

Well I say 3000 grafts because it looked like his crown was mostly still intact so he really just had to restore the front half. At least this is what I'm basing that guess on. In my experience you can cut your hair way shorter than that even with a FUT. I stay on a small dose of Proscar since my transplant to try and stabilize what's left. I don't want to paint too rosie a picture but I'm a year out from a 5000 graft procedure that IMO was very successful. I'd just caution its a hard road to get there, the first 3-4 months sucks. You can check out my thread if you search 5000 FUT Dr Wong on this site. The results are better now than what's in that thread because the photos are from 7 months. I'll update with 1 year photos shortly.

Comment

• mwolfe
          • May 2017

you look good! i look forward to seeing the 1 year photos.

Comment

• pkipling
            Inactive
            • Sep 2014

Yes, the results are outstanding... But does anyone care to fill me in on who this is?

Comment

• mwolfe
              • May 2017

Elon Musk

Comment

• mattj
                Doctor Representative
                • Oct 2009

I didn't know who he was either.

I searched google images... looks like he's definitely had some hairline work and it's good work. Plenty of transplants look just as good though. Remember that lighting will make a big difference in how dense hair looks.
                I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• mwolfe
                  • May 2017

He's the guy who started paypal and is doing all the automated car and commercial flight stuff now.

You're probably right about the thickness and the light. It look sort of diffuse here.

But damn I'd take hair like that at age 45 any day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• mattj
                    Doctor Representative
                    • Oct 2009

I like and use PayPal - I'm not so keen on the idea of automated cars lol

It's possible that his frontal zone is now thicker (due to his transplant) than the midscalp. I'm guessing you're referring to how his hairline kicks up and looks fuller than the area behind it.
                    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• mwolfe
                      • May 2017

I'm not really sure what I mean by that. Maybe that's it's not thick but they did a solid enough job with the cut to conceal it or something.

Comment

• JoeTillman
                        • Jul 2014

Elon Musk is one of the great tech innovators. He not only co-founded Paypal but he started, and is CEO of Tesla Motors. He's also the founder of SpaceX, the aerospace company that has been the kick starter for privatization of the aerospace industry and has already launched rockets with capsules that have docked with the ISS (international space station). His only competitor at this state is Jeff Bezos and his Blue Origin aerospace company. Both companies have created the first rockets that deliver a capsule into orbit and then land on their own power in a vertical descent, just like in 50's era science fiction movies. Elon Musk also designed the next potential revolution in mass transit, the Hyperloop, of which he has given away the blueprints and plans for other companies to take and run with, which is happening. The Hypperloop system will allow for near supersonic travel in a tube system that sits about 20 feet off the ground and will dramatically cut transit time between cities and states. Two separate systems are in development in Nevada and working prototypes have already been demonstrated. He's been compared to being a real life Tony Stark, which isn't far from the truth.

And yes, he's had a hair transplant that is good enough by most standards and the average person wouldn't ever pick out as being a hair transplant.
                        Joe Tillman
                        The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
                        See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• Sean
                          • Jan 2011

Elon Musk had a great result. He had fine hair when he was balding but now that result isnt even see through. No one really knows who the doctor is but i guess he/she made sure this guys result was really good. Probably did a special protocol for him and had him as the only procedure of the day.

Very lucky guy in terms of hair and weakth.

But how some wish they ended up with hair like his. Some folks that werent even as bald as him had megasessions and their results were peanuts compared to his, especially, when you compare it to his extensive hairloss. It really sucks for some folks.

It is a one and done for him. Lucky guy, didn't even have any repairs either.

Comment

• mwolfe
                            • May 2017

no doubt he's on finasteride. he's got the sort of weight gain in his gut that seems associated with it.

Comment

Working...