+ Reply to Thread

Default Shampoos for Health and Possible Regrowth

Hi everyone,

I've recently started using Rogaine - the foam
    It makes my hair quite unmanageable and also unattractive on my hair - hard, sticky
    I have a feeling I'm using too much. So much gets in my hair, and the result is kind of like using very cheap hair spray

Because of this, I don't use it before work; I just use it before bed.

In the morning I wash my hair with a generic 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner

I'm looking to add a shampoo and/or conditioner to my routine to that will\

1) help my hair's overall health
    2) maybe help with loss

I've looked some on forums and Amazon, the two that I've come across are
    Nioxion
    Nizoral

Thoughts?

So much appreciated
    Justin

I've never used any of the shampoos that "regrow" hair because I don't believe there's such a thing but I have used Nizoral. It's basically for dandruff but it's believed to help a little with hair loss. I used Nizoral for years and years and to be honest it never completely stopped my dandruff. It was just like any other dandruff shampoo. I'd say it never did a thing for my hair loss.

I started using Lipogaine liquid in April. I have long hair as it is so the liquid works best. I do not use the dropper that comes with the Lipogaine, instead I bought a 1mL blunt syringe which works wonders. You don't even have to part your hair. The syringe is so thin it's easy to apply the liquid onto your scalp and it does not get in your hair.

For shampoos, I tried using the Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo on their website, it works well. But recently I decided to buy Regenepure DR and I like that better. I do not use Propecia/Fin as I am not ruining my sex life. I do not care if it is "necessary" to go with the Minoxidil. I am happy with what Lipogaine is doing and if that means it is just slowing down the MPB then that is fine with me. I haven't seen anything drastic in the almost 2 months of usage, but I can say that my hair feels thicker and looks like it has more volume on top then before I used any sort of treatment. I would rather eventually go for a hair transplant then mess with my hormones. Sorry, sex is more important then hair. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sts9 View Post
    I started using Lipogaine liquid in April. I have long hair as it is so the liquid works best. I do not use the dropper that comes with the Lipogaine, instead I bought a 1mL blunt syringe which works wonders. You don't even have to part your hair. The syringe is so thin it's easy to apply the liquid onto your scalp and it does not get in your hair.

For shampoos, I tried using the Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo on their website, it works well. But recently I decided to buy Regenepure DR and I like that better. I do not use Propecia/Fin as I am not ruining my sex life. I do not care if it is "necessary" to go with the Minoxidil. I am happy with what Lipogaine is doing and if that means it is just slowing down the MPB then that is fine with me. I haven't seen anything drastic in the almost 2 months of usage, but I can say that my hair feels thicker and looks like it has more volume on top then before I used any sort of treatment. I would rather eventually go for a hair transplant then mess with my hormones. Sorry, sex is more important then hair. Haha.
    First off, thanks for the reply. And thanks for the humor as well - could use a laugh with this shit.
    Yeah, I agree I would certainly choose sex no doubt. But I'm not in a relationship right now, and this shit is hurting my self esteem. So it's almost a tradeoff of side-effects =( Sucks!
    Are you applying minoxidil liquid with the syringe? I'll look into those other products

I hear ya in terms of it hurting your self-esteem. My girlfriend actually doesn't even care about my thinning in the crown and hairline. My look is if a girl is going to care about that stuff, she ain't worth it in the first place. But I see where you're coming from because I'm the same way... I just hate it haha so I had to work on doing something about it. You have to remember too, fin/propecia can cause long term side effects possibly even when getting off the drug. I'm just not risking taking chances messing with my hormones.

And yes I apply the liquid minoxidil with the syringe. It's a non-medical 1mL blunt syringe for precise application and I don't even need to part my hair to get it onto my scalp. Very easy.

Look into Regenepure DR shampoo or Lipogaine Big 3

Quote Originally Posted by sts9 View Post
    I hear ya in terms of it hurting your self-esteem. My girlfriend actually doesn't even care about my thinning in the crown and hairline. My look is if a girl is going to care about that stuff, she ain't worth it in the first place. But I see where you're coming from because I'm the same way... I just hate it haha so I had to work on doing something about it. You have to remember too, fin/propecia can cause long term side effects possibly even when getting off the drug. I'm just not risking taking chances messing with my hormones.

And yes I apply the liquid minoxidil with the syringe. It's a non-medical 1mL blunt syringe for precise application and I don't even need to part my hair to get it onto my scalp. Very easy.

Look into Regenepure DR shampoo or Lipogaine Big 3
    Thanks again for the response. Yeah, this mess is making me regret ending a relationship way back.. the girl was VERY into me, so this wouldn't have mattered.
    Or course we had problems, but now I feel like if I knew this would happen, maybe I wouldn't have ended it.. I know that sounds silly

I'm ordering a set of syringes off amazon, and gonna try the liquid.
    Do u rub it in your scalp after applying with the syringe?

No I do not. Sometimes I'll rub it in on my crown but only that since that's where most of my hair loss is. After I apply it with the syringe I just tilt my head and do a "control drip" sort of method. My hairs so long that if I rub it in it's going to get all over my hair which is no good. The blunt syringe allows easy application so it just drips on your scalp and with tilting your head it spreads over easily. Sometimes it drips to my forehead so you just have to be careful with that. You get the hang of it eventually!

Here's one that Ive found that i personally haven't used yet but plan to. Its on the healthier side and has DHT blockers in it.
    https://www.ulta.com/hair-loss-preve...mpprod15751043

Have you tried Nanogen's 5 IN 1 shampoo and conditioner? It is backed by years of scientific research and ground-breaking ingredients, and is proven to keep hair healthy, encourage hair growth and thickness.

Even if you don't go for Nanogen, it's important to use a shampoo that has the right ingredients to improve hair growth and it's overall health. So look for shampoos that are sulfate free (so important as sulfates are so bad for the hair follicle can impede hair growth!) and have ingredients like keratin, redensifying peptides and salicylic acid to encourage healthy hair growth and thicken your existing hair.