Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skitstovel
    • May 2017

21, receding hairline, new member

Hi, how are you all doing? I've always been a lurker, but never actually made an account before today. I recently turned 21 and confirmed my hairline is receding with my dermatologist. Also I added Finnasteride to my regime earlier this week as an attempt at stabilizing my hairline.

So, here's the question that is asked so many times over. what are your opinions on where my hairline is at?

The last picture was taken about 3-4 months ago, the first too were taken for this post.
    Attached Files
  • mrclean
    • Jan 2017

I can't tell a difference from the pictures as far as improvement but 3 months is not long enough. Do you have a picture before the recession started?

Comment

• DavidSheffield
      • May 2017

Can't see any difference either.

Comment

• Kclennings
        • May 2017

Your hairline looks solid to me in the last photo. Are you sure your hairline wasn't going through it's maturiation phase? As for the finasteride I would be expecting notable results for at least another 6-10 months yet. You might not experience any as hair regrowth at the temples is rare unless it was miniaturised. However I can assure you if you continue to take the drug it will stabalize your hair loss and you'll likely maintain that hairline for many years. Keep us updated on your journey with the drug.

Comment

• Banjo93
          • Sep 2016

I don't believe that are you are balding in the slightest, your hair is thick for a start. Slight recession doesn't necessarily mean balding, could easily mature to that point and stay like that for the rest of your life.

Comment

• keebler239
            • Jan 2016

Your hair looks pretty good - I would kill to have what you have right now. There is some slight recession, but it's very subtle and looks like more of a mature hairline. I'm sure anyone you'd ask in person would not even think for a second that you're balding. To more directly answer your question, I do not see a difference between the old and new pictures, but you had very little loss to begin with.

Honestly, I'm happy for you that you caught it early and are taking action, unlike me. Mine got much, much, much worse before I noticed it.

Comment

• Simar
              • Jun 2017

i can't see any difference between first and last picture. I think you should wait for some more months for the results

Comment

Working...