+ Reply to Thread

Default My horror, and my turmoil

This is my tale, and it recounts, in great detail, the struggle I've faced over this agonising, life-changing situation.

My name is Buzzed (possibly not my real name); I'm 29 years old, and some weeks ago I took a picture of the top of my head to see what was going on up there, and noticed far more visible scalp than I should have. Upon having this truth thrust upon me unawares, I started paying more attention. Lo and behold, the temples were receding, too. The horror of it! Were I not so lazy, and probably busy eating curry and scratching myself, I would have howled, cried and cursed the cruel Gods for my fate. Instead, after a while wondering about head shape and all that stuff, I just buzzed it all off without a guard. Sorted. Happy with the result, too, and glad I didn't bother wasting a decade fighting and feeling bad about the inevitable. As I'm so close already, I'll surely try the full shave before too long for the experience, but suspect it'll be too much maintenance for a full-time thing at the moment.

I've seen comments across the internet from baldies in denial linking their hair to their masculinity. My position is that the least masculine thing one can do is be a hysterical baby over it. Don't be a hysterical baby, and don't live in denial. If things are moving in one direction and one direction only, even after whatever treatments are out there (I'm no expert), there's but one thing to do if masculinity matters to you, and it ain't a combover or a wig. Confidence is king for the (nearly) hairless man, and you've either got it or you haven't. And if you haven't got it, get it. It's the difference maker, and I speak as somebody that used to have precisely none.

Now, back to stroking my velvety head go I.