+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I did not write the HD description and I have never used a bleach bath. But, I am quite certain HD means hot tap water......typically 55c or 125f.

Clorox is a company name and also a generic name for household laundry bleach available anywhere. No reason why any laundry bleach manufactured by anyone other than Clorox is significantly different.

Do an internet search for liter to cup conversions. Simple.

Regarding your 12:32 pm post....

You state:
    "I mean, what did I misunderstand concerning knot techniques when you (and many other sources on the web) say human wig hair can be knotted in a way that all cuticles are running in the same direction? How shall that work."
    Please reference any post in which I stated that a knot can be created with cuticles running in the same direction. I cannot speak for the "other sources." But I made NO such statement! I said the following: "Ideally when ventilating one prefers that the cuticles all align." No reference is made to the resulting knot. No statement that the cuticles on the hairs emanating from the knot are aligned. Admittedly I should have been more precise with my post. I was referring to the "ventilating" process consistent with our discussion about tangling issues with human vs synthetic hair. The ventilating process is very simple. But, it is a multi step process requiring precision. One mistake with any step in the process will disrupt the process resulting in a failed attempt to execute a knot. The steps in the process include:
    1. Hair is held between the thumb and forefinger in a loop (my left hand).
    2. The needle/needle holder is grasped by the fingers of my right hand.
    3. I thread the needle through a "hole" in the lace under a lace thread and up through an adjacent "hole."
    4. The loops of hair grasped by my fingers on my left hand are "brushed" against the barb on the needle catching a hair(s).
    5. The direction of the needle is reversed....back through the second "hole" under the lace thread and up through the first "hole" resulting in a loop.
    6. The hair is released from the barb and the needle is moved towards "two ends" of the strand of hair pulling the two ends back through the loop completing the knot (single flat knot).
    I mention this process because if the hair held between my thumb/forefinger tangles it becomes difficult to pull the hair back through the lace. A reoccurring issue with synthetic hair. Potentially an issue also with human hair. However if the cuticles of the human hair are in the same direction tangling is less likely to happen. But, this does NOT mean that the hair cuticles line up AFTER the knot is tied. Again, I could have been more precise with my original post clarifying that I was referencing a ventilation process not the resultant knot.
    In reality the issue of cuticles as it applies to a hair piece is likely moot anyway. When donor hair is procured it is by definition remy virgin hair assuming that the donor never colored or processed their hair in any way. If the hair is to be colored...probably 99.9% of the time...it is my understanding that the remy virgin hair is given an acid bath which strips away the color, and, most likely the cuticle. The hair is then colored. Thus cuticle issues really are unlikely to be an issue as a source of problems. I suspect that if you examine the hair used for your hair piece under a microscope you would likely find few if any cuticles. From a ventilator's perspective cuticles likely to be an issue only when using remy virgin hair.....not colored or processed.

Regarding your diagram. You are correct! The two (or more) strands coming out of the knot do NOT have cuticles running in the same direction. I know of no practical way to create a knot with hair cuticles in the same direction. One would need to cut one strand near the lace thus leaving only one strand remaining. Not practical.

What happened to your source Exceedhair? I can find no website. And their Ailexpress listing does not function. Are they still in business?

Hi lvlace,
    again very in depth, thank you. Now, I got it. Concerning your question on ExceedHair, you are totally right, I saw it just now. Indeed, they have currently not a single product online.

The only thing I can say is:
    I started ordering there, 2 years ago. They had always plenty of wigs on AliExpress. I chose for them because the very attentive to all my special wishes, may it be how I wanted to base to be set-up, texture, color, if or not baby hair included, areas where it should be denser or lighter etc. etc... They wouldn't get tired of my wishes and fulfilled them to all my satisfaction. I found that quite impressive, regarding the fact that we are talking about a cutting-edge LOW-PRICE provider where I actually though detailed customer service like that would be excluded.

6 months ago, however, my contact person there (always the same, no idea, how many people run that company) told me please not to order at ExceedHair anymore but rather contact him directly via WhatsApp. Worked and still works great for me.

I didn't know about the backgrounds. I thought, maybe the company split or he left the company. Or they/he just (temporarily?) closed their online shop for any reason...

Try this link for exceedhair.....https://www.aliexpress.com/store/608828
    It works. I contacted them through Alibaba. Got a quick reply. No idea why they are hidden on aliexpress when one does a standard search.

Huge site. Difficult to navigate. I got the impression that the only way to deal with them is by email if one wanted something that is custom. For me, however, they possibly could be a source for hair used for ventilation.

Your contact likely working on his own cutting out exceedhair in the process. Not uncommon. In 09 I was working with a Chinese company. But when I ordered a second time my contact wanted monies to pass through him. Generally not a good idea. Nevertheless I said ok since the $$ figure was only about $100. It worked out ok. But I have no idea who he sourced for the hair piece. The "wild wild west" when working direct with Chinese companies!

I'm sorry, but I have to come back to the question concerning the bleach bath. In the USA, Clorox seems to be very common, but after spending hours and days on the internet and in local drugstores noone could help me, how to get Clorox (or something alike) here in Germany.

If I find something with chlorine in it, it's just some bathroom/toilet cleaner(!).
    If I go and look for (fabric?) "bleach", I end up with product only on oxygen base, no chlorine in it.

So, can anyone help, please? Any idea which product to purchase when living in Germany? I've seen lots of bleach bath videos and they seem VERY promising to my situation. The women with long hair have the exakt same tangling/felting issues like I have, and after a bleach bath, there wigs are like new again.

PS: Only found this one, this is a Leach/Javel of "sodiumhypochlorit". Is that what Clorox actually is? http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-LITER-CHLOR...-/231175432830

And regarding the ammonia:
    I found 9% and 25% solutions here. Which one is correct?

In your supermarkets (grocery store) check out ""Hygiene Reiniger" and "DanKlorix." Perhaps similar products exists.

I think bleach is sold in the UK. Available on Amazon UK or Ebay UK???? Shipping perhaps an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lvlace View Post
    In your supermarkets (grocery store) check out ""Hygiene Reiniger" and "DanKlorix."
    Yes, found this in a drugstore and already bought it (was just like 2 bugs), but are you sure this is similar to Clorox? Because Clorox is a fabric bleach and this "Hygiene Reiniger DanKlorix" is a cleansing article. Additionally, I bought a fabric bleach called "Eau de Javel" containing 2.6g of sodiumhypochlorit in 100g of liquid. (The DanKlorix has unknown concentration to me).

Further to the Ammonia: What is a suitable concentration to buy? 10% or 25% ?

Cannot help. I know how to use USA bleach on white fabrics to remove stains. German equivalents????? No idea. Same with ammonia.