+ Reply to Thread

Default Small red patch on recipient area

Hello,

I had a 1619 graft FUE on 6th April 2017. I basically had my hairline remade. Everything uptil now has been going according to the expectations set by my surgeon. Crusts developed and went away within the first couple of weeks. I've shed almost 70-80% of my transplanted hair as well.

The issue that I'm facing is that a small red patch has developed on the right side of my recipient area (Picture attached). I noticed it this morning. There is no pain or anything when I touch that area. I hope this isn't a sign of an infection? Because I've heard pimples and/or red patches can be a sign of folliculitis.

I showed the same image to my clinic and they said it's not something I should be worried about. It is probably a "growth pimple" (sign of some hair growth). I just wanted a second opinion. Thank you in advance for your feedback!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2094.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	52019  

Quote Originally Posted by derp View Post
    Hello,

I had a 1619 graft FUE on 6th April 2017. I basically had my hairline remade. Everything uptil now has been going according to the expectations set by my surgeon. Crusts developed and went away within the first couple of weeks. I've shed almost 70-80% of my transplanted hair as well.

The issue that I'm facing is that a small red patch has developed on the right side of my recipient area (Picture attached). I noticed it this morning. There is no pain or anything when I touch that area. I hope this isn't a sign of an infection? Because I've heard pimples and/or red patches can be a sign of folliculitis.

I showed the same image to my clinic and they said it's not something I should be worried about. It is probably a "growth pimple" (sign of some hair growth). I just wanted a second opinion. Thank you in advance for your feedback!
    I agree, it looks like a hair is trying to grow early, which happens. I seen nothing to be concerned about but of course you should continue to monitor it and keep your clinic updated.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thanks JoeTillman for the feedback. The redness is completely gone now. Only the pimples are left, which Im not planning to pop. Ill just wait and let them go away on their own