+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Actually you know what.

Today I'm pissed off again. This whole thing sucks. I am ****ing young. WHAT THE HELL.

This is sooo bloody unfair.

**** the brave face...I am sick of it all right now. I don't even know what to do anymore. I don't have the mental capacity to have a solution to this. But I need one.

I feel like my head is going to explode right now. I can't spend my whole life reading about treatments. I can't read and try to become an expert at the side effects. I can't afford all of this. I can spend my time better.

Or can I? This is really important to me. I can't lose any more hair...I have to grow some back or else everything will just be average and bloody retarded all my damn life.

DAMMIT.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    You don't have to play the cards you're dealt, you can fold.

I've learnt, increasingly so in the last seven years, that effort is futile when you are bald. One way or another, it's an obstacle that at the very least limits success.

I'm just glad I've had the good sense to see that. It's better than busting a gut only to fail because of something outside of my control.

I've all but withdrawn from life and from society, but in doing so I have merely pre-empted what was going to happen anyway.
    I disagree Fixed. There are many people who are in worse situations than we are and still succeed. Someone posted a link in another thread about a man with a developmental problem who has no arms or legs but has worked his way to becoming a successful motivational speaker.

What about Martin Luther King Jr. perservering in a time when Jim Crow laws were enacted? (I'm not American so I don't know too much about them.) How about Jim Balsillie who is a Canadian billionaire who owns Research in Motion that creates blackberrys? He's COMPLETELY bald.

Sure we can complain about it all we like but at some point (and I think I'm at that point, at least at the moment) we need to move on and focus on the positive things going on in our lives.

Yes, I acknowledge some of your statistics may be correct but who wants to live their lives based on statisitics? So if my odds are 1:200 to die going skydiving should I not do it? Of course I will because it's an amazing experience.

What can we do as a community to change your mind on these things? I know you have a girlfriend and I'm sure she appreciates you very much. I don't even have a gf atm so you're in a better boat than I am What about being proactive in the workplace and letting your boss know you want to be promoted and ask what you can do to get there? Just some thoughts

The only thing that will ever make me happy, short of a cure, is when bald people are treated equally. That means finally getting a bald prime minister after some 60 years or so and bald people being adequately represented at board level in business. Also, far more bald entertainers, not typecast as villains.

Other than that, I'm not interested.

That means finally getting a bald prime minister after some 60 years .
    We have a very bald president, he's like NW 6...and he's been running the country for 8 years now, and he's got a beautiful wife. And Romanians are discriminative

So...yes we can!

That means finally getting a bald prime minister
    Where are you from? Maybe there is more discrimination against bald people there than there is here in the US.