+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Getting back to the point though, does anyone else find it very difficult being 'fake' with people all the time? I find it quite stressful pretending to be happy all the time because I don't remember the last time I was happy about anything.

What I'd like to do is just shut down, stop going to work, stop communicating with the outside world and to actually be completely honest with everyone, because to be blunt it involves a lot less effort.

Loyalty to others is the only thing that keeps me going and it's wearing thin. Existing purely for someone else's benefit is a strong motivating factor, but it can't last forever.

I guess I hate faking that everything is ok. I still have a lot of acting left in me
    because i think my future will be much better. Just gotta hold on for now.

Trouble with baldness though is that it tends to be a trigger to put on weight. I've gained about 4 stone since I started losing my hair, for the very simply reason that I see no point in dieting any more.

What's the point in following a healthy diet when the only rewards are an image you still hate and extra years of life with an image you hate?

Bring on the saturates, that's what I say!

I disagree with that logic. When a cure comes out I want to be healthy. Not an unsuccessful fatty.

There is a lot of hope. Don't let it worsen the other things in life also.

If a cure comes out and if it is affordable. Increasingly likely, but I could lose all the weight in a year. I plan to lose the weight in the same year as the cure is doing it's thing, because I don't expect that to take any less than a year to see results.

At the moment, good food and good wine is life's only pleasure so there's no point giving it up.

Even though my baldness doesn't worry me so much any more (it's impossible to lose any more hair), I still don't like removing my baseball cap.

It's as if it's glued to my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Trouble with baldness though is that it tends to be a trigger to put on weight. I've gained about 4 stone since I started losing my hair, for the very simply reason that I see no point in dieting any more.

What's the point in following a healthy diet when the only rewards are an image you still hate and extra years of life with an image you hate?

Bring on the saturates, that's what I say!
    That was my point of view going through the anger phase but now that my hair is short I'm more in the acceptance phase. I found it is more cyclic and that I have an anger phase each month (as my hair gets longer and looks worse).

Initially, I felt like what's the point in dieting and working out when my hair looks terrible and no chick will want to talk me anyways. THEN I HAD AN EPIPHANY!! I think I will use my hair loss as a motivating factor to diet and get back in shape so that a hot body combined with my charming personality will win any girl over despite my hair loss.

Sorry, but statistics say 80% of women won't give you a second look and you'll be overlooked for job vacancies and promotions against someone with hair 67% of the time.

Anger is the only logical place to be.

There are also studies that say taller men earn more than shorter men, and that thinner men earn more than obese men. Stop with the stats and stop blaming everything bad in life for not having hair. Coming here for support is one thing, but continually posting day after day after day ater day about how much your life sucks isn't going to change anything, its just going to annoy people. Moreover, I dont think your radical views are shared by many, especially to the extreme which you are taking them.

Yes, hairloss sucks, there's no denying it We all want more hair and it does affect us in a lot of ways, but at some point you have to play the cards your dealt and try and make the best hand you can possible. If you don't want to do that, then whats the point of living.

Seriously bro, you need professional help.

You don't have to play the cards you're dealt, you can fold.

I've learnt, increasingly so in the last seven years, that effort is futile when you are bald. One way or another, it's an obstacle that at the very least limits success.

I'm just glad I've had the good sense to see that. It's better than busting a gut only to fail because of something outside of my control.

I've all but withdrawn from life and from society, but in doing so I have merely pre-empted what was going to happen anyway.