+ Reply to Thread

Default Time for a ride on finasteride?

I'm going to make this as short and simple as possible as I know you guys get annoyed at the sight of these posts.

I'm 19 years old and I first noticed signs of hairloss around 6 months ago. My hairline had moved back ever so slightly and as most people would I thought nothing of it.

2 months ago it occurred to me that my temples had receded even more. Ever since then, not going to lie I've been a paranoid wreck about my hairline. Constantly observing and monitoring it to the point where it's becoming an unhealthy obsession.

I don't really have a history of balding in my family aside one uncle (grandma's brother) who expierenced hairloss in his 40's. Both my grandfathers and dad himself still have heads of hair minus a bit of recession.

I never ever paid attention to how much hair I shed, my hairs condition up until 2 months ago so Im not sure whether I'm shedding more hair than the norm. I lose around 10-20 hairs in the shower every time I wash it. I have to be delicate when washing, if I was to be vigourous I'd lose around 30-40.

I still have a head of thick hair and I'm not expierncing any kind of thinning on the crown (not that I notice). Only on the temples as they've gradually shifted back over the past half year.

Yes I've heard of the maturation of a hairline and natural recession can take place after puberty but how long does the maturing hairline take place to fully lock in? Because mine is moving rather quickly. My right temple is a Norwood 2 and my left is a 1/1.5.

I'd love to make this a lot simpler for everyone on here and post pictures so i really do apologise again for rambling on. I just don't like the thought of pictures of me being on google images.

The closest comparison I can think of in reference to my hairline is mark wright although his widows peak/ V is more prominent than mine likely due to age and natural recession.
    https://www.regissalons.co.uk/wp-con...ht-Cropped.jpg

I'm just a concerned 19 year old looking for some help and Insight on hairloss as I'm not very knowledgable within this process. Any advice, opinions on my situation is much appreciated as I've become a victim to anxiety and depression over the past month. The thought of balding in my teens frightens the **** out of me and it's all I can think of to be honest. I don't know whether it's the anxiety taking over me or whether I'm seriously expierencing young balding. Either way my temples have noticeably receded in a short period of time and this is why I need some advice.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read all of that, you have a lot more patience than I do!

Another thing I've noticed.. My hair seems to have been stricken with dandruff, dry scalp recently. Each hair that falls out has white stuff attached to them? Does this have any relation to hair loss as this might explain why my hairs have become more delicate when washing

Losing up to 100 hairs a day is normal. If you have dandruff, treat it.

Without a photo of yourself, really hard to tell.