+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair Transplantation on Temporal Peaks

I did an online consultation recently via text message, and my doctor said that if i have muscle on the temple he cannot transplant hair there. But if i don't have a muscle there he can.

Can someone please share their opinion on this?

Thank you

wierd answer...who is the doctor?

It is a weird answer, I spoke to another person and they just told me that most doctors prefer not to work on temporal points because they are difficult to do apparently.

ya they require a lot of skill and should only be left to the top surgeons

be really careful about who you pick

Sounds like you were talking to a Turkish doctor because a lot of them will do consultations via Whatsapp. Regardless, when you have "a muscle" on the temporal points it means that your tissue sticks out (sort of) so the hairs that are placed will be more difficult to lay flat. Temple point hairs cannot be anything other than flat so if this can't happen then it will look very unnatural.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Hey Joe

Thanks for the reply man.

Yes it was a Turkish consultant and it was via Whatsapp!

The thing is I dont want to build out temples where ive never had, I just want to thicken up my currently temples to match up with the new hair line that im having for a better frame.
    Im guessing if thin single unit grafts are chosen and placed in a backwards direction, it should look fine!

Another personal request from you Joe, I already know you're opinion about Turkey and that one should only go to ISHRS members.
    Ive contacted a number of clients with good results to share their experience with me.

https://www.instagram.com/hairofistanbul/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Daniel View Post
    Hey Joe

Thanks for the reply man.

Yes it was a Turkish consultant and it was via Whatsapp!

The thing is I dont want to build out temples where ive never had, I just want to thicken up my currently temples to match up with the new hair line that im having for a better frame.
    Im guessing if thin single unit grafts are chosen and placed in a backwards direction, it should look fine!

Another personal request from you Joe, I already know you're opinion about Turkey and that one should only go to ISHRS members.
    Ive contacted a number of clients with good results to share their experience with me.

https://www.instagram.com/hairofistanbul/
    Hi Ryan,

If you want to just thicken your existing temples, that's good, but it's still difficult to do if you don't have the right kind of hair to be transplanted. I really do suggest extreme caution with this because if your donor hair is even a bit too coarse it will stand out like a sore thumb. And this is assuming the angles and elevation to the tissue is done right, which is another trick altogether. Temples, esepcially temple points, are quite difficult so whomever you find and consider insist on seeing this kind of work and that it meets your requirements.

And to clarify, the ISHRS is an educational organization with north of 1200 active members. It's a good organization for doctors to be a part of because it helps to facilitate communication and learning but what I believe you meant to say was the IAHRS, which is a standards based organization.
    Joe Tillman

Hello Joe

I have a very thick coarse donor area actually. I totally understand that it would look like dolls hair coming out of the temple if done incorrect. I saw that you have also built filled in your temples during your hair transplant journey. Were the majory of the temple hair transplanted harvested from the lowest part of the donor area? maybe almost down to the neck area since hair seems less thick there?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Daniel View Post
    Hello Joe

I have a very thick coarse donor area actually. I totally understand that it would look like dolls hair coming out of the temple if done incorrect. I saw that you have also built filled in your temples during your hair transplant journey. Were the majory of the temple hair transplanted harvested from the lowest part of the donor area? maybe almost down to the neck area since hair seems less thick there?

Thank you
    No, almost all of my hair harvested came from using FUSS so going into the lower areas of my donor or my nape wasn't possible. My advice is that if someone is telling you that they can use your nape hair or hair or can "single out" the finer hairs that would work best in the hairline or temples, demand proof that they've done it before. This is a pet peeve of mine lately where some doctors will suggest leg hair or chest hair to rebuild the areas of a hairline that require finer hairs but to date I've only seen one case where this was done with anything resembling success and that's been over the course of fifteen years.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    No, almost all of my hair harvested came from using FUSS so going into the lower areas of my donor or my nape wasn't possible. My advice is that if someone is telling you that they can use your nape hair or hair or can "single out" the finer hairs that would work best in the hairline or temples, demand proof that they've done it before. This is a pet peeve of mine lately where some doctors will suggest leg hair or chest hair to rebuild the areas of a hairline that require finer hairs but to date I've only seen one case where this was done with anything resembling success and that's been over the course of fifteen years.
    Hey again Joe

The last time I asked them about work on temples they showed me this instance:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	34242.jpg

Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	52069