Grey Hair? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grey Hair?

Default Grey Hair?

Hey all, i had googled strands of grey hair and saw this is one of the forums that there are threads about... though i see the title of this forum is about balding.

I'm 30 year old male and i had noticed i got a few strands of grey hair. The thing though is I'm Asian and asians generally don't age that much until they are much older.

The thing is I work online on the computer and basically on the computer most of the day. The thing is i got very stressed/angry lately. I also have anxiety and it has been much worst lately. Back then it wasn't that bad but it has gotten worst. What i want to know is, is there a way to prevent any grey hair from reappearing? I had thought about just plucking those few strands of grey hair from my head but did not do this. I had a haircut as well due to this but then i noticed even after my haircut, i still see those few pieces of grey hair when looking into the mirror. I never had grey hair ever. The other thing is my hair grows very fast. I know lot of people go bald as they go older but i don't think i would has this problem until i'm much older etc.

What can i do about my few strands of grey hair? Do i take a scissor and cut each of those out so it doesn't grow out again? Also is plucking considered just pulling that piece of hair from your head? I cannot do that now as my hair is pretty short due to having a haircut. I'm pretty positive i developed these few grey hair recently due to be being very anxious/angry recently. I had noticed this sort of a bit after it and figured that is definitely the cause.

I heard of people who get grey hair even as young as 18 as well and someone mentioned they had that at 18 when they were very stressed with studying etc. I work online on the computer and have stress most of the time. But im positive what triggered this was me losing my cool and start even cursing when i got angry very recently. I think the age when you get grey hair that should worry you would be either late 20s or early 30s. The reason is because that is when you are getting older and not getting younger. Now if i was 21 and i got a few grey hair, it wouldn't bother me much because i know that has to be stress related and 21 is very young. I also read some people get grey hair because they dont have enough vitamin b12 etc. I'm pretty sure this isn't my case. I also read lot of people mention stress and anxiety will cause you to have grey hair and i strongly believe this. It has to be the combination of these and all three of these got very extremely for me recently.

Does anyone know what i can do now to prevent any grey hair from reappearing? Because when i seen this few grey hair... i seen 2 of them... however im not sure if i have any on the back of my head etc. Basically those 2 grey hairs are on the right side of my head. So obviously the most important thing now is do my best to lessen stress. I also have a good bit of acne at my age and this is mainly triggered by stress/anger. I know this is 100 percent. So when i go through a short time when i have very little anger/stress, then my face clears up a lot. Its like when people ask does stress/anger/anxiety cause acne and many people on the forums agree. But the fact that i got these few pieces of grey hair, i notice 2 that is for sure and another one that im not sure exactly if it is or not, then this has gotten me worried. I know there are men/women that get a hair full of grey hair when they have a kid but i I don't have that issue now.

My anxiety is also bad and its hard to control it. However, anger can be controlled for me. Stress can as well.

What is my best solution for this? I mean, could i pluck/cut these few grey hairs from the root of my hair... then just my best do avoid any stress and anger and lessen anxiety, then the grey hair won't grow out? I had wanted to ask the barber last time if he could cut those few grey hair off of me first but did not. My thoughts were if i did that, then those grey hair from those exact spot in my head might not grow back. Then he cut the rest of my hair like normal. But he just cut my hair normally etc. Then i looked in mirror at my short hair and noticed 2 spots where i have that same white hair growing etc.

Would appreciate advice on this. Because if i don't have any grey hair reappearing again, then i will make sure i do my best to not get stressed/angry and make sure i do my best to lessen anxiety.

Are there people here who gotten some grey hair due to stress... then eventually lessened their stress a lot, then the grey hair did not grow out anymore? And if so, did this require you to cut those pieces of gray hair first? And if so, did you have to do this at the root of it so there wasn't even a centimeter of grey hair on that spot? To me, that would be the most important thing though. Because if that is the case, i make sure i do everything i can to avoid stress etc.

Thanks.

Anyone can give me advice on this?

Grey hair? Seriously?

Color it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry300 View Post
    Anyone can give me advice on this?
    I cannot give you advice but i can direct you to the latest scientific study regarding hair pigmentation.

http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/31...3-641d0cd73e5d

Ashwagandha and brahmi for stress, and catalase to break down hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is what causes grey. Http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29468796/n...er-root-cause/ it can be puchased as a supplements for cheap.

Inactive

Honestly, aside from hair dye and general stress relieving tips, I don't think there'a way to actually prevent your hair from going grey. And call me crazy, but I don't think it's anything you should let stress you out too much, as that could only make the situation even worse for you. I've had random grey hairs since I was in my early 20s and they've barely progressed at all over the past 10 years. My point being that even if you start seeing random grey hairs, it is not necessarily indicative that you'll be completely grey in the near future.

Personally, I think most men pull off grey hair quite nicely and I think that if you find a way to embrace it (should it ever even come to that) you'll be much happier in the long run. And if you really hate it, hair dye is easy. Good luck!

First, gray hair don't exist, they are white. Secondly, most premature loss of hair pigmentation is from lack of certain nutrients. Mostly minerals, especially copper. The amino acid Tyrosine is quite important as well. Some people have a harder time absorbing copper so they need more, or they simply don't consume enough. I personally slowed the process in my hair to the point that it seems stopped. People forget about how important nutrients are and just eat whatever they want thinking there are no consequences. You should try it as it is for now your only option. Stress will deplete minerals in your body as well and free radical will damage the cells responsible for hair pigmentation ( among other things).

Pk, I think it might be different for Asians. If they see any gray, it will most likely progress quickly. Agree that grey isn't the end of the world, have some myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    Ashwagandha and brahmi for stress, and catalase to break down hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is what causes grey. Http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29468796/n...er-root-cause/ it can be puchased as a supplements for cheap.
    You can't supplement catalase. Catalase is an enzyme that won't survive digestion so it is useless. It will only break down into amino acids like any other protein. This is a scam.

Supposedly enteric coating helps to reach the intestines unchanged to enter the blood stream. I'm trying it. SOD is also available as a supplement, have heard people swear that its making a difference for them. At 8 bucks a bottle, it can't hurt.