+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking into first HTS in NYC area. help and advice please.

24 , no prior surgery. currently on fin, niz, emu oil. (scared of rogaine)

have widows peak with thinning temples. I live in the NYC area and want to know several things.
    1. can i get a surgery being so young with "minimal" hairloss
    2. Can i just get temples put back and if so what is expected cost based on your prior knowledge/experience
    3. most importantly can anyone recommend a surgeon? im terrified of a bad botched surgery at my age .

this is my hair line both side are a bit thinner now. i have no thinning anywhere else on my hair, my hairline has never been straight. its always been a V it was about half an inch forward and thicker on the sides that was it. All i want is to fill in the thinning temples and thats all. ANy suggestions advice or questions feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by raze1225 View Post
    24 , no prior surgery. currently on fin, niz, emu oil. (scared of rogaine)

have widows peak with thinning temples. I live in the NYC area and want to know several things.
    1. can i get a surgery being so young with "minimal" hairloss
    2. Can i just get temples put back and if so what is expected cost based on your prior knowledge/experience
    3. most importantly can anyone recommend a surgeon? im terrified of a bad botched surgery at my age .

this is my hair line both side are a bit thinner now. i have no thinning anywhere else on my hair, my hairline has never been straight. its always been a V it was about half an inch forward and thicker on the sides that was it. All i want is to fill in the thinning temples and thats all. ANy suggestions advice or questions feel free.
    By looking at your photo I get the impression that there is hair loss in your family.

If you have a naturally recessed hairline and you're only wanting to thicken a small area, then don't have surgery. Your fear of a batched surgery is warranted as while the chances are pretty low if you go to a reputable clinic the chances still exist. You can watch this video to learn more about what I'm talking about...

If you still want to consider surgery then you should first look into stopping your hair loss through medication and perhaps PRP w/ACell. Your temples aren't bald, just thinning with hairs that are miniaturizing. These types of hairs respond best to medication and PRP treatments so you might not even want surgery if you try any/all of the non-surgical options and see a nice result after one year.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    By looking at your photo I get the impression that there is hair loss in your family.

If you have a naturally recessed hairline and you're only wanting to thicken a small area, then don't have surgery. Your fear of a batched surgery is warranted as while the chances are pretty low if you go to a reputable clinic the chances still exist. You can watch this video to learn more about what I'm talking about...

If you still want to consider surgery then you should first look into stopping your hair loss through medication and perhaps PRP w/ACell. Your temples aren't bald, just thinning with hairs that are miniaturizing. These types of hairs respond best to medication and PRP treatments so you might not even want surgery if you try any/all of the non-surgical options and see a nice result after one year.
    Im 8 months on fin now, just had a second shed thinning out my left temple to match my right (its a bit more thin than this picture). i also added emu and castor oil nightly. and black tea extract orally. what are PRP treatments???

This is PRP...

Regarding your Propecia use, stick to it. It can take up to two years to reach it's maximum efficacy. Also consider a diet that is very low in sugar and carbs. Maybe even consider a ketogenic eating style.
    Joe Tillman

This is PRP...

Regarding your Propecia use, stick to it. It can take up to two years to reach it's maximum efficacy. Also consider a diet that is very low in sugar and carbs. Maybe even consider a ketogenic eating style.
    is this a constant thing you need to do? expensive? where can u do it? and thoughts on emu castor oil daily?

PRP is offered by many reputable clinics, and many not so reputable clinics so you need to do your research. Don't ever go on someone's word that's offering it. Demand to see results. Castor oil and Emu oil? My gut says to not waste your time and money as I've never seen results much less have I ever spoken to anyone that has. I'm of the opinion that no "oil" or tonic that we've not seen major information about can help. Stick to a nutritious food lifestyle, add some proven non-surgical options, and you should be good.
    Joe Tillman

PRP is offered by many reputable clinics, and many not so reputable clinics so you need to do your research. Don't ever go on someone's word that's offering it. Demand to see results. Castor oil and Emu oil? My gut says to not waste your time and money as I've never seen results much less have I ever spoken to anyone that has. I'm of the opinion that no "oil" or tonic that we've not seen major information about can help. Stick to a nutritious food lifestyle, add some proven non-surgical options, and you should be good.
    so i couldnt get X amount of grafts put into my temple area where the area is thin? it wouldnt be alot im guessing. as far as losing behind the implanted hair. that wouldnt and shouldnt happen for a good amount time based on my current hairline and being on fin no? do i need to be a certain amount of bald before getting a transplant? i rather do it now since im young and have more free time and the cost wouldnt be as much since its not alot of hair

also if i wanted to find a surgeon and atleast get a consultation. can u recommend one in NYC. or a site/place to find one in NYC that is trusted idk who i can trust

I don't think you should get a procedure now because it takes a lot of research and you're only just starting. It may only be a small amount of hair now but you just said you are going through a shed and that one temple has thinned to match the other so this shows that your loss hasn't stabilized. To get work done now would be like getting a crown on a tooth without being a regular brusher. You'll only lose more and will need more work. Same thing here. Do what you can to stabilize your loss. While you are doing then continue to do your research. There is so much to learn and understand and many clinics are counting on the fact that you haven't done enough research and will just do whatever they suggest. Be smart, don't rush.

I cannot personally recommend anyone in NYC but you can use the IAHRS as a starting point.
    Joe Tillman

I don't think you should get a procedure now because it takes a lot of research and you're only just starting. It may only be a small amount of hair now but you just said you are going through a shed and that one temple has thinned to match the other so this shows that your loss hasn't stabilized. To get work done now would be like getting a crown on a tooth without being a regular brusher. You'll only lose more and will need more work. Same thing here. Do what you can to stabilize your loss. While you are doing then continue to do your research. There is so much to learn and understand and many clinics are counting on the fact that you haven't done enough research and will just do whatever they suggest. Be smart, don't rush.

I cannot personally recommend anyone in NYC but you can use the IAHRS as a starting point.
    ok 1 last question. u seem knowledgable and i appreciate your help btw ;D. do you know ifa second shed on fin is normal? my hair felt thicker and stronger etc no regrowth just solid, and last week for about a day my scalp felt inflammed and irritated out of nowhere and i thinned out more but it seems to have stopped. is that common and means its working and will bounce back? or is it nothing?