+ Reply to Thread

Default advice on best option

Dear community,

This is my first post to the site.
    I am 29 and have receeding hairline. My hairline has always been high, and now have average male pattern recession. However, combined with my original high hairline it's starting to irritate me!

I've read a bit about fut/fue and think I would only need a relatively smallish area done. I see from others pics that after hair transplant the hair coverage does not resemble pre-male pattern balding, i.e. it appears slightly receeded even post surgery.

Do the surgeons do this for a natural look? Is it possible to implant on areas where hair never was...i.e. a naturally high hairline?

Is FUT the best option currently?? I'm not excited about taking hormone bending substances or other medical managements, due to sides.

cheers for looking and would appreciate your imput

Hey man welcome to the site!

I can understand what your going through right now because Im 22 and it sounds like I'm in pretty much the same position as you. I know its tough and you want to get back that youthful hairline and even lower it further than the one you were born with. This may work out for you in the short term but since balding is progressive your almost definitely going to have problems in the future as your hair behind the transplants continues to drop, especially if your not on meds. Believe it or not you will care what you look like when your older as well and so thats why these surgeons create conservative hairlines that will stand the test of time

Hope this all makes sense

Best of luck!

Essentially, hair can be transplanted to any area of skin. You could give yourself hairy palms if you were that crazy and could find a doctor willing to indulge you.

So you could be given a hairline lower than even the pre-hairloss position, it just might not be a wise move when considering how far MPB might progress in your case.

Do you have photos you can show us?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

As others said, doctors are often reluctant to give patients an overly youthful hair line as hair loss is a progressive condition and donor supply is limited. If you build an artificially low hairline and then continue to lose the hair behind it, you likely run out of donor hair or be left with only a 'wall' of hair in front. That said, some doctors are known for creating more aggressively low or densely-packed hairlines without regard to future repercussions for the patient (mind you, these are likely not IAHRS-certified surgeons).

I think FUE would be your best bet, particularly for a relatively small frontal procedure. With FUE, the doctor will be able to "cherry-pick" the follicular units that will create the most natural-looking hair line and you will not be left with a linear strip scar.

Many thanks to everyone that has replied. I'll try to get some photos up.

cheers