+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It probably doesn't look as bad as u think

Are you using nizoral or other anti dandruff shampoos to try and address inflammation?

Yeah I use head and shoulders. The irritation has mostly stopped now.

Quote Originally Posted by jsox761 View Post
    Attachment 51938
    Hair is thinning all around. It did not use to look like this. It also feels irritated. Hoping this is the shedding phase.
    I'm not a doctor, but I know stress can make things worse. It's something I struggle with personally. But, try and focus on something else than your hair. Go to the gym and find a hobby. Treat your hair as it is hair, and not your entire being.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but I know stress can make things worse. It's something I struggle with personally. But, try and focus on something else than your hair. Go to the gym and find a hobby. Treat your hair as it is hair, and not your entire being.
    Yeah I never really think about it. I just noticed and thought I should show you guys.

I've been using Finasteride for 19 years (pretty much longer than you've been alive lol) and I can tell you that in many cases it can slow down the hair loss, but unfortunately, genetics may eventually still cause you to have hair loss. I was really hoping several years ago that the answer was Dutasteride, after seeing the twins hair loss website I was very encouraged. Unfortunately for me DUT caused sides so it was back to the FIN for me. I hope it stabilizes the loss for you. I have hair loss on both sides of my family so I am really fighting an uphill battle. I can tell you that FIN probably allowed me an additional 9 or 10 years of decent hair on my head before I felt like it was time for my first HT. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
    I have hair loss on both sides of my family so I am really fighting an uphill battle.
    how bad do they have it? my hair loss is only on one side and the hair loss stopped leaving an extremely thin top, but a top all the same. I'm tying to guesstimate what genetics has decided for me compared to yourself. superficial experiment I know but I would appreciate an answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
    I've been using Finasteride for 19 years (pretty much longer than you've been alive lol) and I can tell you that in many cases it can slow down the hair loss, but unfortunately, genetics may eventually still cause you to have hair loss. I was really hoping several years ago that the answer was Dutasteride, after seeing the twins hair loss website I was very encouraged. Unfortunately for me DUT caused sides so it was back to the FIN for me. I hope it stabilizes the loss for you. I have hair loss on both sides of my family so I am really fighting an uphill battle. I can tell you that FIN probably allowed me an additional 9 or 10 years of decent hair on my head before I felt like it was time for my first HT. Good luck!
    I'm aware that it won't completely stop hair loss, only slow it down. I'm hoping for a little bit of regrowth/thickening in my temples, and to stop the crown for thinning. If not, then oh well. Even if I can keep my hair until my 30s I'll be happy! Like I said, my grandfather on my mothers side was bald in his mid 20s. But my dad has a full head of hair in his 60s!

Quote Originally Posted by jsox761 View Post
    I'm aware that it won't completely stop hair loss, only slow it down. I'm hoping for a little bit of regrowth/thickening in my temples, and to stop the crown for thinning. If not, then oh well. Even if I can keep my hair until my 30s I'll be happy! Like I said, my grandfather on my mothers side was bald in his mid 20s. But my dad has a full head of hair in his 60s!
    Sounds like you have your expectations in the right direction, personally what I want is just a little more hair on my right temple and some on my crown! Been planning a transplant for years just gotta make the jump when the time is right. Thinking of Dr Farjo in the UK, I was referred to him by my dermatologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    how bad do they have it? my hair loss is only on one side and the hair loss stopped leaving an extremely thin top, but a top all the same. I'm tying to guesstimate what genetics has decided for me compared to yourself. superficial experiment I know but I would appreciate an answer!
    Completely bald on both sides, they only had the horse shoe left. Here is a pic of my hair in 2013 before my 1st HT (click the link). I credit FIN for the amount of hair I still had on my head at that time https://ibb.co/cVhcy5

Hey man, your links do not work. Can you reupdate them please? Im also 18 considering finasteride. how have you gotten a hold of yours?