18 yr old, Finasteride 1mg daily, monthly updates!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wake
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Kojak
    I have hair loss on both sides of my family so I am really fighting an uphill battle.
    how bad do they have it? my hair loss is only on one side and the hair loss stopped leaving an extremely thin top, but a top all the same. I'm tying to guesstimate what genetics has decided for me compared to yourself. superficial experiment I know but I would appreciate an answer!

Comment

• jsox761
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Kojak
      I've been using Finasteride for 19 years (pretty much longer than you've been alive lol) and I can tell you that in many cases it can slow down the hair loss, but unfortunately, genetics may eventually still cause you to have hair loss. I was really hoping several years ago that the answer was Dutasteride, after seeing the twins hair loss website I was very encouraged. Unfortunately for me DUT caused sides so it was back to the FIN for me. I hope it stabilizes the loss for you. I have hair loss on both sides of my family so I am really fighting an uphill battle. I can tell you that FIN probably allowed me an additional 9 or 10 years of decent hair on my head before I felt like it was time for my first HT. Good luck!
      I'm aware that it won't completely stop hair loss, only slow it down. I'm hoping for a little bit of regrowth/thickening in my temples, and to stop the crown for thinning. If not, then oh well. Even if I can keep my hair until my 30s I'll be happy! Like I said, my grandfather on my mothers side was bald in his mid 20s. But my dad has a full head of hair in his 60s!

Comment

• Wake
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by jsox761
        I'm aware that it won't completely stop hair loss, only slow it down. I'm hoping for a little bit of regrowth/thickening in my temples, and to stop the crown for thinning. If not, then oh well. Even if I can keep my hair until my 30s I'll be happy! Like I said, my grandfather on my mothers side was bald in his mid 20s. But my dad has a full head of hair in his 60s!
        Sounds like you have your expectations in the right direction, personally what I want is just a little more hair on my right temple and some on my crown! Been planning a transplant for years just gotta make the jump when the time is right. Thinking of Dr Farjo in the UK, I was referred to him by my dermatologist.

Comment

• Kojak
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Wake
          how bad do they have it? my hair loss is only on one side and the hair loss stopped leaving an extremely thin top, but a top all the same. I'm tying to guesstimate what genetics has decided for me compared to yourself. superficial experiment I know but I would appreciate an answer!
          Completely bald on both sides, they only had the horse shoe left. Here is a pic of my hair in 2013 before my 1st HT (click the link). I credit FIN for the amount of hair I still had on my head at that time https://ibb.co/cVhcy5

Comment

• danylq
            • Apr 2017

Hey man, your links do not work. Can you reupdate them please? Im also 18 considering finasteride. how have you gotten a hold of yours?

Comment

Working...