Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr green
    • Apr 2010

hey,

my doctor wouldn't prescribe it to me saying that it was dodgy doing it for those that have enlarged prostrate glands let alone for hair loss.

I think am going to follow his advice on the matter.

Comment

• rtpatter
      • Apr 2010

As much as I would like to give propecia a go the risk do not outweigh the benefits as I have other health issues that I have to consider. My questions is what else is there besides Rogaine. Does monox with Retin-A work better than the foam. Where do you purchase?

Comment

• KeepTheHair
        • Mar 2010

I buy from minoxidil.com

You might want to try spiro if you don't want to use propecia.

Comment

• PayDay
          • Nov 2008

You guys are putting way too much thought into this. Propecia works and has a very low risk of side effects. If you have the side effects just stop taking the stuff. If you think about it you’ll get all of the side effects and they might even persist do to your mind. I’ve been on it for years and have benefited from taking it without any side effects and so have millions of men.

Comment

• rtpatter
            • Apr 2010

Propecia seems to benefit the ones who's hair is susceptible to DHT correct. Also, there are blood test that can identify genetic markers associated with baldness. So does anyone know of a listing of doctors that will perform this blood test and do miniaturization exam on your hair to give you an idea of how much good propecia may do you? If I had some assurances of results I might be more willing to risk it.

Comment

• StayStrongMen
              • Feb 2010

There is a test called HairDX that tests how beneficial finasteride may be, but to my knowledge there has not been a collection of data to prove how accurate the test is. As of 2009 I think it cost $249. (there is also a test to see how likely one is to have MPB, but I think most of us know we have it already)

I have taken Propecia for 6 months. Around months 3-4 I noticed the same symptoms that Aznstan mentioned : less frequent erections, lower libido, etc.

One observation I did make during this time, was that I wasn't getting as aroused when looking at attractive images, but when it was time for the "real thing" I was as hard as usual.

After 6 months, now I can say that everything seems normal except for watery semen, and honestly do I really care if my semen is less viscous then it used to be? Not really.

From what I read, it seems like finasteride is the only treatment that can be successful in the long term. I haven't heard many legitimate long-term success stories where someone had not used propecia, proscar, or avodart.

Unless your penis completely stops working, I would recommend riding out propecia for at least 6 months, possibly longer and see if the side effects begin to subside...one needs to let their body adjust to the decrease of DHT in your system.

Comment

• rtpatter
                • Apr 2010

The main issue I have is that I typically tend to be over sensitive to any meds. The side effects that are most frequently mentioned libido, fatigue, brain fog are problems that I already deal with. I fear even adding a small amount of propecia would only increase these problems. Has anyone had any luck with .25mg. I read on another board that anything below .5mg a day is ineffective.

Comment

Working...