+ Reply to Thread

Default Last time I asked, nobody had anything to say :( Is this the beginning of balding?

Hello anyone who can help! It appears that my right temple is becoming pointy and a tad higher up, while my other temple seems undisturbed. Also it seems the hair in that whole area is thin, though I have a bad cowlick in this thin area (my hair is straight there, too), and also I've been pulling hard on this area for months (freaking out about balding)... I was losing hair from my right temple for the past month, although when I cut my hair short it hasn't lost anything. Is it that "mature hairline" or should I go get on medication? I'm 20 years old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gdfgd.jpg

Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	51804   Click image for larger version

Name:	sdffff.jpg

Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	51806   Click image for larger version

Name:	sdsd.jpg

Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	51807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg

Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	51808  

Hard to say. It looks like some hairline recession and also temples thinning, but I don't know what your hair looked like at 16. It could be the start of MPB, or it may not be.

What do your male relative's hair look like? Father, uncles, older brothers? It's not 100%, but MPB tends to be more and less common among a family line. If everyone in your family goes bald, you probably will too. If very few do, you probably(though not certainly) won't.

Thank you for the reply! At 16, I do believe my hairline was still like a female's, very closed at the corners. Over the past few years from pictures I cannot find anymore, my hairline has been maturing to a more sharp, adult hairline. I'd say I was 17 when it finally began looking more like an adult hairline.

My father began balding at about 40, and he is now 60 and very bald. As for his four brothers, most of them are at least beginning to bald, while one of them isn't bald at all and is 60. However, my Mom's father was balding pretty heavily at 42, and my Mom, who is 56, is having some diffuse balding, but not bad.

Also, I forgot to add that my lower temple is thin due to a fade. The only part I find concerning is the temple corner...

You have the hairline of a 12 year old boy so I wouldn't sweat it too much...(which is probably why nobody replied bc they didn't know what the heck you are talking about)