+ Reply to Thread

Default Thiocyn – new product patented and being sold in Germany

Hey Guys

There is a company in Frankfurt – Germany who patented a new product for hairloss. It is already being sold since a few months, Google "thiocyn-haarserum". Apparently they where developing a product to treat neurodermatitis and then discovered by accident that it grew hair. Also it is supposed to turn grey hair back to its coloured version.

The product is over the counter and can be bought in pharmacies as well as online. This means that it is not registered as a drug but as a cosmetic. Usually people dismiss these products then right away and I agree that it is not the most promising sign. However, Minoxidil is also over the counter and it has some effect …

What I don’t like is that Anja Fenske-Bengisch, the CEO, is a former L’Oréal, GlaxoSmithKline, Procter & Gamble Marketing / Sales woman. These companies are just way to shady for my taste ... But I discovered the company a bit by accident since they just got funded 1.25 million in venture capital and it popped up on one of my newsletters. The people who invested however are super solid and have a great track record. So I don’t believe they would put their money in snake oil.

But anyway – I will try the product and report in case I see results. However, I am using topical fin since over a year so probably I am not the best ginny pig in terms of comparability

Cheers

http://amfedersee.de/hoffnung-bei-ha...us-greifswald/
    A positive point is the price of this lotion. 25€/4months looks a bargain( one application per day) that's not the price of a scam but....the problem is such product is not new: activance is being sold for a while. And it looks like(surprise) it didn't make waves.. so this looks like another scam.
    Btw talking of guinea pig: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2257943

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthIsBald View Post
    Hey Guys

There is a company in Frankfurt – Germany who patented a new product for hairloss. It is already being sold since a few months, Google "thiocyn-haarserum". Apparently they where developing a product to treat neurodermatitis and then discovered by accident that it grew hair. Also it is supposed to turn grey hair back to its coloured version.

The product is over the counter and can be bought in pharmacies as well as online. This means that it is not registered as a drug but as a cosmetic. Usually people dismiss these products then right away and I agree that it is not the most promising sign. However, Minoxidil is also over the counter and it has some effect …

What I don’t like is that Anja Fenske-Bengisch, the CEO, is a former L’Oréal, GlaxoSmithKline, Procter & Gamble Marketing / Sales woman. These companies are just way to shady for my taste ... But I discovered the company a bit by accident since they just got funded 1.25 million in venture capital and it popped up on one of my newsletters. The people who invested however are super solid and have a great track record. So I don’t believe they would put their money in snake oil.

But anyway – I will try the product and report in case I see results. However, I am using topical fin since over a year so probably I am not the best ginny pig in terms of comparability

Cheers
    Do you feel you have been successful with the topical fin?

Thumbs up

Yes - really satisfied with the topical fin. But I am using the new version that Hassan and Wong developed with the university of Milan. I dont want to go off topic here - there is a thread about this new topical fin here on the forum as well. Go read that one and also read the study provided by the university of Milan. For me it works great and I have 0 sides

Cheers

I'll believe it when I see it show results. I don't have any faith in any product that just appears out of nowhere without having gone through proper clinical trials. Would dearly love to be wrong but I'm expecting this to be yet more useless toss.