+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need help from those in England uk

Hi all, please help I need lots of advice on which clinic to choose for my first ever ht and if anyone has had any experiences with these clinics or can offer an opinion on them or any others would be a great help! I am 32 and have lost all confidence from hairloss which started in my early 20s. I'm fed up of crying myself to sleep and It's a daily battle to pick myself up and even bother to get up each morning feeling like s***t all day. Anyway I've been to a few clinics and each have a different view/plan on what to offer me. First i went to Farjo clinic who said I have a 62 year old hairline and they could offer me one fut for the crown for 8 grand but to concentrate on keeping my hair I have with medication as I will lose all of it in time. I don't want any medication for risk of the side effects as I don't have a good physical tolerance for any medication and just know I would get the side effects. Second was a company called fue hair transplant clinics .co.uk (as seen on channel 4 apparently) and I had a great consultation with them however they said I could have 2 futs for 8 grand and have to hair places on the crown and frontal area. They said by opening the scar I could get up to 4 futs? Lastly was Vinci who offered my 1 fut for the crown and 1 fue for the front for 10 grand. My worries are that why are there such different opinions from each company? Who should I believe and who's plan sounds best and most realistic and achieveable? I can't find many reviews of Vinci or this fue clinic but they both seem legit! Farjo is obviously well known but they worried me with their insistence on medication and advice that all my hair will fall out leaving patches of transplanted hair! Please does anyone have any opinions on these clinics or has anyone been to them? Also what is the risk of having a ht and not taking the medication? I'm also looking at the crown clinic and regen but again have no idea if they are reputable companies? Are there any others in England I should consider? Totally confused and frustrated here!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7195.jpg

Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	51775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7196.jpg

Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	51776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7197.jpg

Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	51777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7198.jpg

Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	51778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7199.jpg

Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	51779   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7200.jpg

Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	51780  

Hey man, yes hair loss is indeed shit I’m 27 and will be where you are at in a 2-3 years I reckon. My hair is pretty bad right now and I’ve also been considering a transplant.

So your final Norwood pattern is pretty low, about a norwood 6 (same as me) but it could potentially go down to a norwood 7 (no way to tell) so that’s why they advise you to take medication. Otherwise you will have barely any donor hair left and your baldness could progress really low. Personally I don’t want to take meds as well and I have been basically told the same thing as you with regards to taking meds. You have to be realistic about your expectations; it’s very limiting what they can do with such little donor hair. How many grafts did each clinic recommend? I would always stick to the most renowned and approved clinics/surgeons.

Hi thanks for replying. This is where I get frustrated because the clinics I'm interested in have good client reviews on their websites but how do I know if their genuine and why can't I find any reviews! And their my preferred ones! Some have said I could get 1 fut done but another said I could get 2 fut and the crown alone would need 2000 grafts at least. I can afford 2 surgeries at 8 grand but I really don't know who to believe and how do I know once transplanted those hairs aren't going to fall out if they are programmed to do so anyway as my Norwood goes further down! That would mean there's no point even having a ht right? I don't understand how the hairs at the back can be taken out and stay in when they are going to fall out in time anyway?!

I also don't understand if my hair is going to fall out further down the back of the crown how are the clinic going to know what is the healthy strip area and what is the area that will fall out in time and surely if the loss is going to go further down over time then will that not mean once extracted they will fall out the top of my head in time once transplanted anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by H8bald View Post
    how do I know once transplanted those hairs aren't going to fall out if they are programmed to do so anyway as my Norwood goes further down! That would mean there's no point even having a ht right? I don't understand how the hairs at the back can be taken out and stay in when they are going to fall out in time anyway?!
    Unfortunately that could potentially happen yes, HT Dr's always try to take from a safe zone where the hair isn't likely to fall out but some people unfortunately progress to a norwood 7 and then they are totally screwed. That's why clinics advise you to take propecia to stabalise it but then you have to take it fore life and hope that you can tolerate the drug.

You can find certified surgeons here: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/forums...cate-a-Surgeon

But that's not to say that there aren't ethical and skilled ones elsewhere. It sucks man but those are your options, do you not think you could accept being bald and try to embrace it?

The hair transplant route can be risky, time consuming, expensive with results that you may not even be satisfied with. There is only so much they can do with a small donor area. You need to think about whether it's worth pursing and it may not even be an option. There's no way for me to guess properly because I'm not a HT Dr but maybe you could get 3-4k grafts for some kind of framing of your face. Would you be happy with something like that?

I would rather kill myself then go bald if I'm being honest. I feel like giving up with this as what's the point spending the money if it might fall out. Could I not have a beard or chest hair transplant?! The clinics all told me I didn't have to take meds and the hair would last. Only dr Farjo clinic said my hair would go lower. I've used hair fibres for years so I'm looking for just some coverage on the crown and top for the fibres to cling on to and thicken it up. My expectations aren't massive. I've already spent loads travelling to these consultations and paying out for them and all I'm getting is mixed answers from each person!

Hi,

I speak to countless UK patients.

With your current loss pattern and fact you are not intending to use medical therapy to help prevent further ongoing progressive hair loss you might just want to be very mindful of where your loss pattern is going to end up and whether a HT is in fact for you.In my opinion if you are eligible for a HT i would consider FUT initially to maximise your donor region due to the ongoing work you are potentially going to require to keep up with the loss.

In the UK seek an opinion from Dr Edward Ball in the UK to establish you are a FUT candidate based on demand and your donor/laxity.

Also consider obtaining other online consultations from other reputable clinics outside the UK to obtain their experienced opinions too.

Feel free to call the UK Radio show too if you feel you need support and need to vent.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I can't fly due to a close call on a plane years ago so what are the best doctor outside of England that are recommended? I used hair fibres for 7 years and they worked great until recently so I am looking just for coverage over the bald areas so I can use fibres again. I don't understand how celebs can have work done on similar baldness areas without meds but I can't

You can do it without meds but it's very risky.