+ Reply to Thread

Default Graft loss at 3 months??

I'm paranoid and I've posted about 3 times in the last 2 weeks, but I'm curious, has anyone ever heard of graft loss at 3 months.

When I run my hand through my hair, I swear I notice a tiny stubble like hair on my forehead nearly every time.

How could this be possible and what could be going on???

Quote Originally Posted by peaches22724 View Post
    I'm paranoid and I've posted about 3 times in the last 2 weeks, but I'm curious, has anyone ever heard of graft loss at 3 months.

When I run my hand through my hair, I swear I notice a tiny stubble like hair on my forehead nearly every time.

How could this be possible and what could be going on???
    peaches,

Grafts from HT surgery should shed after 2-3 weeks post-op for most patients. They begin to regrow 3-4 months after surgery. Did you have surgery 3 months ago and the regrowth is just beginning to show like stubble on your forehead? Is that what you mean?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

No I mean im actually having little pieces of stubble fall out onto my forehead. By your response, it sounds like this is not possible and I may just be paranoid but I swear I'm finding these and I don't know how it's happening.

It sounds like you could be referring to retained hair fragments. They typically fall out on their own following surgery but will occasionally get stuck as new hairs try to grow through. It's not something you should worry about as these fragments slide right out and may even indicate that new hairs are trying to grow.

It's the same as the hair stubble within the grafts. Try getting more aggressive scrubbing your scalp when you shampoo and you may notice more of this stubble hair coming out. Hopefully most of it came out by now. Happy growth to you!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin