Any hope for a hair transplant??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breaking Bald
    • Aug 2012

I think with your transplant result there is hope for me considering my loss looks about the same. It's difficult where I live because there aren't many decent surgeons/clinics around. They just determined that with a powerful magnifying glass? I've just bought the big 3 shampoo man after you mentioned it. I guess I'll switch to their minoxidil as well if you think it's worth it? Been using rogaine for years, no idea if it's halting or not but don't want to stop just encase.

Comment

• HTsoon
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
      I think with your transplant result there is hope for me considering my loss looks about the same. It's difficult where I live because there aren't many decent surgeons/clinics around. They just determined that with a powerful magnifying glass? I've just bought the big 3 shampoo man after you mentioned it. I guess I'll switch to their minoxidil as well if you think it's worth it? Been using rogaine for years, no idea if it's halting or not but don't want to stop just encase.
      With high magnification they can see what the naked eye can not detect, in the groupings of follicles you may have 1 healthy hair and 2 miniaturized hairs, that at a glance appear to be normal terminal hairs, this is a good indicator that those hairs will eventually be lost, checking the lateral humps which is what separates a Norwood 6 to a 7 is absolutely necessary. I drove 14 hours to Dr. Gabel from Los Angeles to Portland, distance should play no role, if this is something you're serious about doing I suggest taking a road trip to a good doctor or catching a flight.

In your first thread 1 year ago you looked way worse than you do now, that's why I feel Joe said you were not a candidate, now that your hair is grown out, it honestly doesn't look that bad, I was worse off than you are now that's for sure, there is no replacement for in person consults. The doctor needs to really evaluate your donor and build a plan as to how you should move forward or if you should move forward with surgery.

Comment

• HTsoon
        • Feb 2016

Thought I'd share what the back looks like at a 1 guard, I realize a zero guard may be to short for some.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
          • Aug 2012

It looks great man, you bust be happy! You are right if there is no one nearby I will need to make of an effort to go to somebody. I know there is a little amount of saw pamletto in Lipogiane, I know that you didn't tolerate fin but guessing that didn't effect you even though it's a little amount?

Comment

• HTsoon
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
            It looks great man, you bust be happy! You are right if there is no one nearby I will need to make of an effort to go to somebody. I know there is a little amount of saw pamletto in Lipogiane, I know that you didn't tolerate fin but guessing that didn't effect you even though it's a little amount?
            Yes Lipogaine contains Saw Palmetto and also Beta Sitosterol which are both mild 5 alpha reductase inhibitors, I haven't felt any negative side effect from Lipogaine, I think you'll be fine,.

Comment

• markusbdc
              • Jun 2014

Have you considered throwing some RU58841 at this? There are guys on here who have done well with it.....

Comment

Working...