21 yo male receding hairline - Big 3 or something different ? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 21 yo male receding hairline - Big 3 or something different ?

Hello
    First of all, English is not my native language, so I want to apologize for possible mistakes.

I am 21 years old and approximately 2 years ago my hairline from the sides of my forehead started to decline. I didn't saw it as a problem back then, but things of course went worse.
    Now, my forehead hair is getting thinner and narrower every day and I would like to try to save and hopefully also reverse the process if possible.
    My granddads have had very good hairs for their whole life. My dad and his brothers are all over 60 years old and got decent hairs for their age.
    However, my older brother and my cousins all have receding hairline. My brother (33 yrs) and cousin (26 yrs) have III degree on Norwood scale and my other cousin (45) has IV A so I guess I am on this way too ?
    I was taking some vitamins for about 3 months: AD, Zinc and vitamin complex by Naturica (Cremic, B's and Biotin) but didn't saw any change. Then I visited doctor and he advised me to use Methionin Complex and Alpicort and ever since I do so daily (now for about 2 months) but I can 't see any change (too soon to expect something?). Also using Alpecin as shampoo. Guess I need something more.
    Browsed internet a bit and talked to some people with similar problem and now I am thinking of getting started with Saw Palmetto tablets.
    Also, I was recommended to use Nizoral and Revita shampoos.
    The main question for me is however Minoxidil and Finasteride. I would like to ask if there is any other option for me to try first, or should I start to use these ? I am quite worried of the side effects of Finasteride as I am just 21 years olf but if there is no other option, I would probably have no other choice.

I will be very thankful for every advice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170409_131458.jpg

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	51661   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170409_131548.jpg

Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	51662   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170409_131650.jpg

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	51663   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170409_131947.jpg

Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	51664   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170409_132020.jpg

Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	51665   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170409_132027.jpg

Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	51666   Click image for larger version

Name:	upl.jpg

Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	51667   Click image for larger version

Name:	upl2.jpg

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	51668  
    Last edited by hlavomet; 04-14-2017 at 10:54 AM. Reason: propecia, minoxidil, nizoral, alpecin, norwood 2

Bro, I was in your age when balding strucked me.. I tried every thing including minoxidil but with no avail. At last I gave finasteride a chance and it reversed balding in me. However, currently I am 27 years old and taking dutasteride 2.5 mg with decent amount of hair. My father is Norwood 6. Sides of fina/duta are 1-2%. So at least try it out for 1year. Read the posts on balding blog regarding finasteride, there u will know the significance of this drug. Good luck...

I would definitely start with minoxidil and propecia (use both simultaneously). There's a good chance you will keep or even regrow some hair.

I would read up on all of the "treatments" before going down that route. Most of the herbal treatments don't work, or at least won't give you what you want.

The reality is that once you start going bald, very few of the options will EVER restore your hair to what it was before. And... you will wind up spending a lot of money.

From what I can see of your hair, now, you still have decent coverage, a decent stylist can do wonders with what you still have.

Why not just embrace it, and get on with your life?

Hey guys,
    just had a call from Belgravia Centre as I applied for an Online Consultation two days ago, had a good talk and they advised me to use Finasteride and their own 5% Minoxidil which contains caffeine among other things and also the hairs are not as greasy as after applying any other Minoxidil. They offered me me 1 year long treatment and if I paid forward they would send me free LaserComb for home usage.
    If it was only a year-long treatment, I would probably don't think long about it and go for it, but I guess if I want to keep (the possible) results, I would have no other choice but to pay for it again and again, and for me (student), it is hard to decide whether it is worth to pay for that, or just buy any other brand of Minox and Fin (and maybe LaserComb), and try on my own ?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    I would read up on all of the "treatments" before going down that route. Most of the herbal treatments don't work, or at least won't give you what you want.

The reality is that once you start going bald, very few of the options will EVER restore your hair to what it was before. And... you will wind up spending a lot of money.

From what I can see of your hair, now, you still have decent coverage, a decent stylist can do wonders with what you still have.

Why not just embrace it, and get on with your life?
    This man must be banned for his consistent poor advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    This man must be banned for his consistent poor advice.
    Really? Where is YOUR excellent advice to this young man?

Hey guys
    I need help with one more question
    I am about to order Minoxidil among other things and I am probably going to try liquid Kirkland. However, for the morning I would like to use minox in foam, but I can't find any other than Rogaine. Can I use Rogaine foam in the morning and Kirkland liquid in the evening ? Is it possible to use such a combination or should I rather stick only to one brand ? The thing is, Rogaine is quite pricy for me as a student.

You can use two brands and it is a good compromise to use foam in the morning and liquid in the evening.

Minoxidil did not work on my hairline at all, but perhaps it will do wonders for you...

Hello
    So it is about 2 weeks now as I use Rogaine foam in the morning and Kirkland liquid in the evening. Losing hair more than before, just as expected.
    Hairline is really bad, but Toppik really does wonders!

But I come here with few questions, hoping to find some good people
    Was reading a bit about Laser Comb - it looks like it does not work that well, but I am still asking - is it worth buying ?
    And what about dermaroller ? I red some topics and some said it is worth spending time using, some not. It is not expensive, so which one should I pick ?

And a big question is also about the food and vitamins. I am probably going to get on Biotin and Zinc again, as they seem quite important, but can you please give me some advice, what more should I add ?
    Also, what food is good to eat more ? I red that tomatoes, bananas, almonds, watermelon and egg yolks are really helpful, what else ?

For every respond that would be helpful, thanks a lot !!