+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It looks very good; neat and clean.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm just worried that girls won't be interested in the look, and thus not interested in me. It's just that whenever I'm out in public the good looking ladies always seem to go for the guys with nice hair. I rarely see a bald guy with a good looking girl. It's usually the homely girls that I see them with, aka girls I'm not really attracted to. Am I wrong?

I think it looks great. If I had your look, I'd see what it looked like buzzed even further.

Congratulations, stop worrying about hair and live your life.

Another one who agrees the buzzed look is the way to go. Honestly man looks great. Keep doing your thing.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by baldindianman View Post
    Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm just worried that girls won't be interested in the look, and thus not interested in me. It's just that whenever I'm out in public the good looking ladies always seem to go for the guys with nice hair. I rarely see a bald guy with a good looking girl. It's usually the homely girls that I see them with, aka girls I'm not really attracted to. Am I wrong?
    First, I think the buzz cut suits you quite well. Give it a couple more months to get even more used to it and you may become quite fond of it. It's definitely easier to fix and a lot less stressful this way.

As for dating, I'm always amazed when I see men who are losing their hair and feeling insecure about their appearance, and in the very same breathe take a jab at women who are quite possibly feeling the exact same way as they are: insecure about their appearances. Yes, physical attraction is important when it comes to dating, but it's not everything, and it's something that can be developed. Even the most attractive people don't stay that way forever. You're complaining about the "hot women" who only date men with good hair, and at the same time you refuse to date women if they're "too homely". You're being just as close-minded and judgmental of these women as you say the "hot women" are being to you and men like you.

I really don't mean this as a personal attack on you, as I'm sure you're a great guy. Ntm, this mindset is extremely common, and in a lot of ways, I suppose it's human nature. But I don't think this is something that is going to best serve you moving forward in your life when it comes to romantic relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    First, I think the buzz cut suits you quite well. Give it a couple more months to get even more used to it and you may become quite fond of it. It's definitely easier to fix and a lot less stressful this way.

As for dating, I'm always amazed when I see men who are losing their hair and feeling insecure about their appearance, and in the very same breathe take a jab at women who are quite possibly feeling the exact same way as they are: insecure about their appearances. Yes, physical attraction is important when it comes to dating, but it's not everything, and it's something that can be developed. Even the most attractive people don't stay that way forever. You're complaining about the "hot women" who only date men with good hair, and at the same time you refuse to date women if they're "too homely". You're being just as close-minded and judgmental of these women as you say the "hot women" are being to you and men like you.

I really don't mean this as a personal attack on you, as I'm sure you're a great guy. Ntm, this mindset is extremely common, and in a lot of ways, I suppose it's human nature. But I don't think this is something that is going to best serve you moving forward in your life when it comes to romantic relationships.
    So what you're saying is I should just accept that I will have to settle for an ugly/obese girl just because of my lack of hair? If I just had thick hair I could get all the hot girls I want? How the hell am I supposed to date a girl I'm not attracted to? I'm not asking to be with a perfect 10 girl or anything. Just maybe a 6 or better (basically a "bangable" girl).

Also, it's more important for a man to be with a woman he finds physically attractive than vice versa because, you know, the man is the one who needs to be able to get his dick up in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by baldindianman View Post
    So what you're saying is I should just accept that I will have to settle for an ugly/obese girl just because of my lack of hair? If I just had thick hair I could get all the hot girls I want? How the hell am I supposed to date a girl I'm not attracted to? I'm not asking to be with a perfect 10 girl or anything. Just maybe a 6 or better (basically a "bangable" girl).

Also, it's more important for a man to be with a woman he finds physically attractive than vice versa because, you know, the man is the one who needs to be able to get his dick up in the bedroom.
    Your hair is only one part of you. Your attitude is really negative, and that will shine through. If you are using a scale... then you already are going in the wrong direction.

I have a friend who always dreamt of being with a super-model. His first fiancée was, not very good looking, and he was only in it to make someone else happy. The woman he finally wound up marrying was... in my eyes, lovely. Good looking, kind, funny, and an all-around nice person. His marriage is a disaster, because she is still not the super-model, the dreamt of, and is spending lots of time frequenting mens clubs, so he can get his dose of HOT BABES. He is tall, skinny, bald, and not overly attractive. His personality is... crap, he is basically an asshole. And... miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Your hair is only one part of you. Your attitude is really negative, and that will shine through. If you are using a scale... then you already are going in the wrong direction.

I have a friend who always dreamt of being with a super-model. His first fiancée was, not very good looking, and he was only in it to make someone else happy. The woman he finally wound up marrying was... in my eyes, lovely. Good looking, kind, funny, and an all-around nice person. His marriage is a disaster, because she is still not the super-model, the dreamt of, and is spending lots of time frequenting mens clubs, so he can get his dose of HOT BABES. He is tall, skinny, bald, and not overly attractive. His personality is... crap, he is basically an asshole. And... miserable.
    What attitude is negative? All I said was I don't want to date someone I'm not attracted to.

Again, I'm not saying I only want to date supermodels. just someone decent looking. By the way, what's wrong with wanting to date someone attractive? Who doesn't want a good looking girlfriend?

And calling your friend an asshole? I don't think you're really his friend man.

The baldness is cancelled out by the fact you're going to be a doctor.

eg. lets say you view yourself as a 6

Full Head of Hair + average income/job = Will end up with a girl in the 5-7 range
    Bald + Doctor = 5-7 range wife also
    Bald + average income/ job = 4-6 range
    Full Head + Doctor = 6-7.5 range

Long story short, you look perfectly normal with a shaved head and the fact you are going to be a doctor and are not socially inept means the baldness plays only a small role in your dating prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    The baldness is cancelled out by the fact you're going to be a doctor.

eg. lets say you view yourself as a 6

Full Head of Hair + average income/job = Will end up with a girl in the 5-7 range
    Bald + Doctor = 5-7 range wife also
    Bald + average income/ job = 4-6 range
    Full Head + Doctor = 6-7.5 range

Long story short, you look perfectly normal with a shaved head and the fact you are going to be a doctor and are not socially inept means the baldness plays only a small role in your dating prospects.

My family does tell me that being a doctor will help a lot, but do you think I am actually even a 6 though?