+ Reply to Thread

Default Starting Rogaine/ some questions!

Hey guys!

So heres my deal I am going to add rogaine (ive posted this before but im really going to do it now). Heres my concern, Im close to a NW3 in the front, not quite there but close, however I have a ton of thin hairs in the front, that if they could thicken up Id be happy as hell. But its because of these thin hairs that I am horrified of rogaine, becuase i feel like ill shed them immediatly and look pretty bald. So i need help with a shed timeline.
    I want to start soon, as I am a teacher and i get the summers off so hopefully i can ride the shed out when im off over the summer with the help of a hat. If I start in may or the beginging of june, will my hair have recovered from a shed by the end of september ( i have a wedding to go to then, and i dont want to be bald) The rogaine commercial says 16 weeks so i should be good then right? Also am i correct in assuming that rogaine will basically shed all my thin shitty hairs? And finally if i just put the rogaine on the front will it cause shedding all over or just the front of the hairline?

Thanks guys!

-PS ive been on propecia for almost 16 months

Quote Originally Posted by heynow1234 View Post
    Hey guys!

So heres my deal I am going to add rogaine (ive posted this before but im really going to do it now). Heres my concern, Im close to a NW3 in the front, not quite there but close, however I have a ton of thin hairs in the front, that if they could thicken up Id be happy as hell. But its because of these thin hairs that I am horrified of rogaine, becuase i feel like ill shed them immediatly and look pretty bald. So i need help with a shed timeline.
    I want to start soon, as I am a teacher and i get the summers off so hopefully i can ride the shed out when im off over the summer with the help of a hat. If I start in may or the beginging of june, will my hair have recovered from a shed by the end of september ( i have a wedding to go to then, and i dont want to be bald) The rogaine commercial says 16 weeks so i should be good then right? Also am i correct in assuming that rogaine will basically shed all my thin shitty hairs? And finally if i just put the rogaine on the front will it cause shedding all over or just the front of the hairline?

Thanks guys!

-PS ive been on propecia for almost 16 months

I don't know if I ever really experienced a shed. Maybe I did without noticing... but it obviously wasn't bad.

Think of it this way... without the Rogaine you'll have those little shitty hairs that will fall out eventually anyhow.... and with it you will either lose them from the shed and they won't come back (what would happen anyhow... and not probable) or you'll grow them back and shit will be awesome.

...The shed timeline? I THINK I had a shed for the first week... but after that it was all good. Week, week and a half...

Thanks for the response man! I agree with you that ill lose those hairs anyway, thats why ive made the decision to hop on it. Its funny i jumped on propecia without any thought, and thats the drug most people get concered about, not rogaine! I just gotta do it and stop thinking about it and im sure Ill be fine, just need a little encouragement. How were your results, any improvement? Im not looking for much just a little thicker hairs. Propecia seems to have slowed my hair loss down but its still occurring so im hoping the both of them together can put a halt to this and maybe if im lucky a little improvement.

yeah man. I won't **** with propecia. to me im just too scared... not worth it.

Hormones are just touchy, something I dont think should be ****ed with until its totally understood whats going on.

Just scares me too much. DHT has to be there for a reason.. and we dont totally understand the human body at all.

but by all means, if you're good with it... do it. if I took it and everything was hunkey dorey.. i'd shit bricks!

but im too scared to give it a try.

yeah I have no sides or anything from propecia, unfortunatly that also means hair growth or thickening. Anyone else have any thoughts on the foam?

I think most people shed hair because of rogaine. It is just that you don't notice it. I am pretty sure 2% minoxidil has been shedding hair for me. But I use a lot of it, that's probably why.

I don't recommend the foam...even though it applies easier or whatever. The different studies used to gain FDA approval showed that the liquid form was more effective. The foam might be a good idea to get, but only one can or so. You use that when you don't have a lot of time for it to dry etc. Maybe prior to work when in a hurry or so. But the liquid should be more effective.

Rogaine only works around the area which it is applied. Although it does spread around underneath the skin. So, it definitely won't shed your whole head, if it does shed.

What minoxidil does is it speeds up the telogen phase(resting phase), which lasts about 100 days. So a shed probably won't last longer than that.

Even if it does shed hair it won't really be that noticeable. I am sure I have shed quite a bit the last week or so and it doesn't look any different. At least not enough to be noticed.

You might see new growth in 1-2 months if your lucky. But you should definitely give it 6 months.

I am no expert but this is what I read and believe. I hope it helps.

thanks! I have the rogaine i just have to put it on its imtimidating but i will do it soon