+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

The US dollar was becoming less strong than it was, in particular because of countries like Russia deciding to trade oil in Euros rather than Dollars and the potential of the Chinese to switch to its own currency or Euros in foreign trade, but the sovereign debt crisis in the Eurozone will probably put it back to where it was!

It seems like I remember getting grief about my hairline right after hitting puberty. I had a funny looking widow's peak at about 12 or 13 and it was receded on one side more than the other. I let my hair grow out for a while between 13 and 15. I started buzzing it again for a while and by the time I was 16 it had receded some more on top, but that peak remained pretty strong. At about 17 I had noticeable diffuse thinning on top and that spot toward the back was was thin enough that it could be said that I had a bald spot. I denied that it was that bad, then I denied that I even cared but wore a hat all the time. Hats are a must at that age or everyone looks at you like you are diseased and I wasn't outgoing to begin with. By about 20, I had a thicker strip on top coming down to what used to be a peak and was bald almost all the way back between this strip and the sides. Between then and now (23) I came to have a few fine hairs on top. Haha, ten years stand between a nice head of hair and a "norwood VII."

Thanks for that.

I couldn't believe it when I started balding because my dad had all his hair.

Erm Henry Paulson was the CEO of Goldman Sachs, and he is bald.
    Lloyd C. Blankfein current CEO, is bald.
    Shantanu Narayen, CEO of Adobe, is bald.

And they are at least a V to VII on the NW scale too. Not saying that balding doesn't have devastating mental impact on anyone but I do not believe it affects your career as much as you think it is.

Finally, using exchange rates to determine the value of a currency is rather naive, we should look at the purchasing pwoer instead....

Would President Kennedy have been elected if he had been bald or had a comb-over?

No. Because baldness did not fit into his 'young' image, despite him not being young at all. He was in his early 40s, but was portrayed as a man 15 years younger because he had hair.

Politics, like acting and modeling, requires you to have a certain image. However, I notice there are several senators who are bald as well. As it is, there may be numerous examples of how balding did or did not affect a career, I was merely pointing out to Fixed that in the banking industry, where he stressed heavily that hair is terribly important, the head honcho of the biggest bank is bald, so as to rebut his viewpoint.

However, as a sufferer of baldness myself, I can fully sympathize on the fall in self esteem that accompany balding. Which is why I myself am currently seeking treatment for baldness and is eagerly awaiting further news from Histogen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    Would President Kennedy have been elected if he had been bald or had a comb-over?

No. Because baldness did not fit into his 'young' image, despite him not being young at all. He was in his early 40s, but was portrayed as a man 15 years younger because he had hair.

Would he had been elected if he had hair plugs? Everyone that has a transplant in modern society and is also considered a "celebrity" is sooner or later found out. When society finds out you moved hair from the back to the top, thats all they owould talk about... look at Donald Trump, he should've just accepted his hairloss, now its what defines him in the media.

Balding may not be desireable, but its natural.

Fixed by 35 - Why do you not get a hair transplant are you a norwood 6... Just out of interest

I am not here to judge or fire off about bald is beautiful or bald is ugly. Everyone thinks what they think and whatever. If you are blessed enough to get a great result from a hair transplant then go for it. If you want to shave then shave. If you want to be depressed and be the balding guy versus the bald guy wonderful. If someone asks for my opinion I will give it and that is it it is my opinion only and take from it what you will. If a guy with a transplant says what do you think I would say if it were my hair I would be..... If a balding guy said short clip or keep it long and thin I would honestly say shave. If a guy really wanted surgery then I would say go for it and just understand you live and die by your own sword if your expectations are not met. I am not one to endorse warm fuzzies if its an opinion one wants I will give it. I think I am a realist but with an empathetic twist (Fixed_by_35 clearly thinks he is honest and by all parts he is but its based on huge generalisations and also theres no need to put people down in the process). I think most times guys know if they look stupid with a shaved head but just shrug their shoulders

Lets face it this forum is a hair loss fight forum. It is geared around insecurities and medicine and Surgery. If you are sly then go be happy and do not look back

I do empathise with the really young guys in their 20s. But you will learn to deal with it. You may not like it but you will deal with it.