+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I figured it out. Thanks again!

hindsight2020, know that I understand what you're saying and it makes complete sense. However, what you're saying is very rational and we live in an irrational world. Just because we want hair loss not to matter doesn't make it so.

When a good-looking model loses hair, he goes from very attractive to average, meaning his looks won't help him, but won't work against him either. When an average person loses hair, their looks start working against them, and they feel it much more.

Some of us, like me, choose to socialize in bars and clubs, where girls make split-second decisions about whether you are 'a good fit' or not. In those kind of environments, you need every bit of help you can get in the area of looks, height, money, coolness, whatever.

You can say that bars and clubs are a bad example, and that I shouldn't be socializing there anyway because those people are shallow, but hey it's my choice. I want to go to those places. I want them to be an option for me if I so choose.

Case in point: This is one of the most amazing transformations I have seen.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.php?albumid=205

I can tell you for a fact that this guy is gonna have a much easier time socializing, making friends, meeting girls, than this guy will.

Just because you and I won't judge him for his hair loss, doesn't mean the rest of the world will give him a free pass.

In a perfect world, both guys will be given a chance for the light of their heart to shine. But the reality is that in this day and age, they will not be treated the same. There is no point is denying that.

Which brings me to my next point: This is a form of discrimination that is invisible, that you cannot defend yourself against. Someone can sue an employer if they are denied a job because of their race/religion/whatever, and they will win. However, a bald man cannot go to court and say "hey, I want to sue these women because they rejected me because I am not good-looking enough, or because I am bald, etc."

It's an acceptable form of discrimination. We discriminate every day of our lives. When I see an unattractive girl, I decide not to talk to her. I discriminate against her. It's not her fault, but it's not my problem.

Such is life, or like they say in French, "c'est la vie."

It's not the end of the world, but we must be level-headed in our judgement and recognize the issue for what it is. Yes, it's an issue, there is discrimination, but it's fairly minor most of the time, and it can be easily overcome.

That sums up my stance on the subject.

I totally agree with that and that has been the point I was trying to make.

No matter how attractive you are. Losing hair will have a huge impact on your looks and daily life.

Balding sucks! That picture you posted...yeah amazing transformation. The guy looks like he is healthier, younger...even looks like he lost weight and as if he was fat in the balding picture. Definitely a good transformation.

Both of your last two statements made much more sense to me.

When you say what YOU think, or what YOU want, or how YOU feel... is much different than saying 'Bald people are ugly, its a fact'. I appreciate both your opinions, and your both very entitled to them. No one comes to this forum to feel worse about themselves and at the same time no one comes to this forum because they have to much hair.

Just because you feel one way (including me) doesn't mean everyone else feels that way. just because you feel bald people in general are ugly, doesn't mean someone else who is coming here for support feels the same. 'Bald people are ugly' is NOT a fact, no matter who you are. To some it may be LESS attractive, and as you'll find to some it will be MORE attractive.

Yes losing your hair will impact how you look, just like growing it impacts how you look. Its a change and a lot of people aren't comfortable with change. But it doesn;t ALWAYS have to be a change for the worse. I honestly think (and I am not one of them) some people look better bald.

Sorry, Hindsight2020, but it seems you post the same gibberish as a lot of other men who have surrendered the fight against hair loss. Like them, the only remaining source of hope is for your baldness to become socially acceptable and therefore you preach the virtues of hairlessness and remind us that worse things can happen. You go from fighter to quitter to desperate loser, spending every day trying to convince people (yourself included, no doubt) that your baldness is okay.

Well, sorry, but I don't want to join that club. When a cure finally comes out, I want to be the first to know about it, and nothing will change that. I've never even met you and I already know you're ugly, because you shave your head. No doubt, like every other man forced to do the same, the office lights shine off your forehead and your ears stick out. You're only 30 but you probably look about 40 as well.

I'm ugly too, because I'm balding. I'm man enough to say that, because I'm still in this fight. I still have some ray of hope, however slight, that things will change for the better. I haven't surrendered for a second rate life in the way you so clearly have.

A lot of people on this site will love your pop psychology. Great. But I've heard it all before, and I know it's all bollocks. A little bit of observation would go a long way. Then maybe you'll realise just how prejudiced people are and start to realise that because you lost your hair, your f*cked.

Just like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Sorry, Hindsight2020, but it seems you post the same gibberish as a lot of other men who have surrendered the fight against hair loss. Like them, the only remaining source of hope is for your baldness to become socially acceptable and therefore you preach the virtues of hairlessness and remind us that worse things can happen. You go from fighter to quitter to desperate loser, spending every day trying to convince people (yourself included, no doubt) that your baldness is okay.

Well, sorry, but I don't want to join that club. When a cure finally comes out, I want to be the first to know about it, and nothing will change that. I've never even met you and I already know you're ugly, because you shave your head. No doubt, like every other man forced to do the same, the office lights shine off your forehead and your ears stick out. You're only 30 but you probably look about 40 as well.

I'm ugly too, because I'm balding. I'm man enough to say that, because I'm still in this fight. I still have some ray of hope, however slight, that things will change for the better. I haven't surrendered for a second rate life in the way you so clearly have.

A lot of people on this site will love your pop psychology. Great. But I've heard it all before, and I know it's all bollocks. A little bit of observation would go a long way. Then maybe you'll realise just how prejudiced people are and start to realise that because you lost your hair, your f*cked.

Just like the rest of us.
    You are a sad, pathetic being. Regardless of what I look like, I carry myself with confidence. I might not have hair but I have a lot of other things going on for me. Its apparent you can't say the same.

I have a beautiful wife, make 6 figures, and love who I am. I would pity you, but you pity yourself enough already. Misery loves company... and thats all your here for, to being others down with you... hope they see it to.

Quote Originally Posted by [mcr] View Post
    Case in point: This is one of the most amazing transformations I have seen.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.php?albumid=205

I can tell you for a fact that this guy is gonna have a much easier time socializing, making friends, meeting girls, than this guy will.
    I'm really glad you posted this.

Take a look at those pictures. Look at the one with his hair down post HT. See the difference of texture in his HT hair from his real hair? You don't think people will do a double take to the doll hair look? You don't see it as much in the one with the comb because the comb is pinning it back.

Also... they clearly shaved off the hiar that was already in the transplanted area. Look at the pictrue of when his head was tilted down pre transplant. There are hairs there, lots of little red hairs that were shaved down to not only do the transplant, but to make the picture look more dramatic. What happens when that hair falls out and the transplant hairs remain... now he has nothing but doll like hair on the front of his head.

Being bald is a lot more easier than covering it up. But thats just my pop psycology opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
    I'm really glad you posted this.

Take a look at those pictures. Look at the one with his hair down post HT. See the difference of texture in his HT hair from his real hair? You don't think people will do a double take to the doll hair look? You don't see it as much in the one with the comb because the comb is pinning it back.

Also... they clearly shaved off the hiar that was already in the transplanted area. Look at the pictrue of when his head was tilted down pre transplant. There are hairs there, lots of little red hairs that were shaved down to not only do the transplant, but to make the picture look more dramatic. What happens when that hair falls out and the transplant hairs remain... now he has nothing but doll like hair on the front of his head.

Being bald is a lot more easier than covering it up. But thats just my pop psycology opinion.
    I 100% disagree.

That transplant looks 100% natural. Your mind is playing tricks on you.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I 100% disagree.

That transplant looks 100% natural. Your mind is playing tricks on you.
    I have a HT, I know what to look for and what the tricks are to taking these pictures. This guy is going to have to get many more HT's in his future to keep it looking even semi natural, depending on the extent of his continued balding.

When you look at a HT everyday in the mirrior, you know what one looks like. While I still have plenty of hair on top of my head... I know one day its going to look ridiculous if I dont keep pumping money into it. Its not worth it. The shaved head look really grew on me.

You are a sad, pathetic being. Regardless of what I look like, I carry myself with confidence. I might not have hair but I have a lot of other things going on for me. Its apparent you can't say the same.

I have a beautiful wife, make 6 figures, and love who I am. I would pity you, but you pity yourself enough already. Misery loves company... and thats all your here for, to being others down with you... hope they see it to.
    Fiancee, check. High salary, check. Confidence in my abilities, check. I've got all of that, but I'm also smart enough to know society will judge me on my hair before any of that, because society is stupid, it is superficial and it cannot be beaten.

I'm only 27 and because I started balding seven years ago, I've hit the frontier of my potential already. I have everything else in order, and it is holding me back.

Perhaps what you don't realise, because you had a HT in a crucial stage of your career, is how much it helped you get on. Before the HT, you were the loser who lost his hair and looked like he was 40 when he was only 18. You looked like you'd had your chance at a career already by those who didn't know you and you were overlooked. You made a smart move and probably got out of the positions, lower end middle management, where image counted before the HT went downhill.

At 30, I'd hazard a guess that you'll hit your brick wall sooner rather than later.

By the way, it's good you're earning six figures, although if that's in dollars then that's really nothing special.