+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzcut View Post
    I just want to chime in- this is my first post. Just got this procedure done at (Ill just say the well known place in Florida, as company names seem to get edited out), and it looks absolutely amazing. I walked in a norwood 5 to 6 and walked out a norwood 0. As far as being able to tell from across the room, bulls***. Perhaps that is the case with some providers, but I can't tell my natural follicles from the replicated ones from 3 inches away in the mirror. The hairline looks outstanding, the density is full and equal on every square inch of my head, the color was perfectly matched, I can go on and on.

I'm not here to convince those dead set against this into considering it. The buzzed look (which you will obviously need to maintain if you have considerable hairloss and opt for this procedure) is not for everyone. I do however think that the ratonal that the buzzed look being only for neo-Nazis and thugs is a bit dated. Have you looked around in the past few years? I see people from all walks of life, guys with full heads of hair and balding, wearing a buzz cut. I'm not just talking about guys working at jiffy lube or delivering pizza, I mean people in very professional positions, heck, the attorney at the closing when I bought my house a few months ago was a good looking man in his 40's with a full head of hair, sporting a buzzed head.

You're probably right about eventually having to tell future girlfriends, but if it comes out great, and looks great (which mine absolutely does), who cares.
    Yeah, I agree with you buzzcat. Almost all the EMT's, cops, fireman and all those guys have their hair buzzed, nothing wrong with that. I buzz mine, too and im not a neo-nazi. But I also have to use Toppik, and im pretty well sick of it. im starting to warm up to the hair tattoo idea.

might of well use the hair in a can then.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzcut View Post
    I just want to chime in- this is my first post. Just got this procedure done at (Ill just say the well known place in Florida, as company names seem to get edited out), and it looks absolutely amazing. I walked in a norwood 5 to 6 and walked out a norwood 0. As far as being able to tell from across the room, bulls***. Perhaps that is the case with some providers, but I can't tell my natural follicles from the replicated ones from 3 inches away in the mirror. The hairline looks outstanding, the density is full and equal on every square inch of my head, the color was perfectly matched, I can go on and on.

I'm not here to convince those dead set against this into considering it. The buzzed look (which you will obviously need to maintain if you have considerable hairloss and opt for this procedure) is not for everyone. I do however think that the ratonal that the buzzed look being only for neo-Nazis and thugs is a bit dated. Have you looked around in the past few years? I see people from all walks of life, guys with full heads of hair and balding, wearing a buzz cut. I'm not just talking about guys working at jiffy lube or delivering pizza, I mean people in very professional positions, heck, the attorney at the closing when I bought my house a few months ago was a good looking man in his 40's with a full head of hair, sporting a buzzed head.

You're probably right about eventually having to tell future girlfriends, but if it comes out great, and looks great (which mine absolutely does), who cares.
    Hey BUZZCUT, Can you post any pics? You don't have to show your face . Also about how much are we taking? Do they charge by the hour. Would really like to find out more about the results. Thanks

If it works for you now, that's great. I think you're very lucky that you're happy and confident with that look.

The trouble for a lot of men though is that they will never be happy with a shaved head look - for example, the reason I don't like balding is because of the societal pressure to shave my head. I don't like the look, on myself or on others. 30 years ago I could have just got on with things however I wanted to, whereas now other people think they have some god given right to tell you how to look (a right that they don't have over people with hair I might add). I always respond to them asking how they would like it if someone was constantly suggesting they grow a mullet or get a bowl cut, which illustrates the point. It's about choice, and being able to make decisions independently.

In you case, you are lucky, because you have a choice you are happy with.

The only question I do have is what happens when your real hair stubble goes grey but the microdots are still black (or blue, as they age)? Or if your scalp laxity changes? Are you really going to dye stubble?

Quote Originally Posted by deanvh View Post
    Hey BUZZCUT, Can you post any pics? You don't have to show your face . Also about how much are we taking? Do they charge by the hour. Would really like to find out more about the results. Thanks
    yes, please and PM me the company.

Guys...are you really considering this? I think it's a terrible idea...

I think I was being too diplomatic before. I do think this is a terrible idea; you might as well get the felt tips out if you're going to do this. If you do this, one day you will be dying stubble.

The one perk of baldness, which is not giving a damn about going grey (I can't wait to go grey because it looks less undignified against a balding scalp), will be lost on you!

I'm just going to hold out for Histogen!

I think if this procedure looks realistic it would be a good solution for some people.
    Obviously the nightmare is walking around with loads of fake looking dots on your scalp.
    I know somebody who contacted HIShair clinic in england..... they said that they would be prepared to do a 'test area' of maybe 100 dots or so on him...then he could go away and judge the results over time before commiting to a large area tattoooing. I suppose that means they must be confident of the quality of their technique..

yes, Ive got a headstyl....here is my picture. Im new to this site so im still trying to find my way around. Ive sent you a picture of me after the procedure.
    I wondered if anyone had any experience of this procedure and if anyone can give any feedback on it - from the pictures it seems pretty good with virtually no difference from the "fake" hair and the real thing

Im seriously considering it need some info about it as i dont want to make a big mistake - has anyone here tried it?[/QUOTE]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	william 8.jpg

Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	7684