+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oh btw. I think this is awesome for hiding scars. Really good. If you have short hair your donor scar(if someone has one) could be completely invisible. I think there is some use to this. Although I think it really takes true skill to make it look natural...but I don't think they have what it takes. To look good in some cases it must be unnatural it's really complex I don't know.

I guess it depends what you are going for.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Uhhhm.

They give a lot of those people really unnatural looks. REALLY unnatural.

Like... the hairline is either too super dense or uneven or in a weird place. Or too full.

I think blacks can easily pull this off. Since they always have that strong look even if they shave it off. But on whites this looks way more obvious.

That website is a good reminder of how ugly bald people are...

It CAN be good. Just they produce mediocre results in my opinion. They make it look very unnatural.
    i agree some can look unnatural but thats only because of where the hairline is placed- my hairline actually aint that bad so i wont need to change it so hopefully i can avoid this problem

well, im not black nor white so i wonder how its gonna look on me

as for bald guys theres loads a good looking bald guys, like beckham, vin diesel etc. and to those that are suited to short hair, this seems like a decent solution

Ive been looking at options too. transplants, pieces, etc. dont know about this though. ive seen those pics too from that place. it has to be redone every few years, would be pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    keepthehair - here are loads of pics from the place im considering getting it done, looks pretty good to me:

http://www.*************.com/gallery/

they claim no-one is able to tell the difference and though thats true from these pics ill find out if thats true when i meet someone whose had it done

i would rather have hair - maybe a transplant but ive been told by more than one respected surgeon im not an ideal candidate unfortunately - btw whats histogen?

if there is a miracle cure (which i doubt) then you can have the tattoos removed and you can actually carry on taking rogaine after the procedure

the thing with me is, long hair has never suited me and ive had short hair for most of the time, it actually suits the shape of my face and so on - id just like the patches covered with something convincing and aslong as i can keep my hair to a blade 1 or 1-1/2, id be relatively happy so this seems like a good solution...i just hope when i meet someone whose had it done, i cant tell the difference between their own hair and tattoo's...that would be the clincher for me

Hey here are some things to consider
    1) tattoo ink tends to fade over time and so will your hair tattoo.
    2) What are you going to do when the hair you have turns white/grey, do you really want to be an old man with a buzz cut tattooed on your head?
    3)Of course everything on the website is going to look good, they dont post the shitty pics.
    4) How embarrsing would it be if someone called you out on your tattooed hair? Id rather a toupee blow off my head then to have a some call me out on tattooing hair to my head.

Bottom line its up to you, im my case i would never consider it. However i wish you the best of luck in what you choose!

Thumbs down

Tattooing your scalp is ridiculous! It’s a temporary fix at best and it does not not look real at all! Pictures are deceptive! It’s probably one of the dumbest things a balding guy can do and I am positive those that have done it regret it soon after.

Is this where they tattoo dots on a shaved bald head, to make it look like you have all your hair, but you've shaved it?

The problem with that is that you'll have those dots for life. And with time the dots might merge into each other and it'll look like a lot of blue colour on your head.

I would say NO.

One thing looks worse than a bald man who's been forced to shave his head. That's a man who looks like he was stupid enough to do it out of choice.

You go to a job interview, and if you're bald they'll think 'unlucky bastard,' but they might still employ you. If you look like you've got a shaved head out of choice, they'll think 'thug' and show you the door.

You might also struggle to explain to a girlfriend why you struggle to grow your hair out!

Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    One thing looks worse than a bald man who's been forced to shave his head. That's a man who looks like he was stupid enough to do it out of choice.

You go to a job interview, and if you're bald they'll think 'unlucky bastard,' but they might still employ you. If you look like you've got a shaved head out of choice, they'll think 'thug' and show you the door.

You might also struggle to explain to a girlfriend why you struggle to grow your hair out!

Just my thoughts.

Exactly. Very good post!

The people that created this rubbish would have used their time far more wisely if they worked out how to create artificial implants that scar naturally and therefore avoid infections and rapid fall out. Now, that really would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    The people that created this rubbish would have used their time far more wisely if they worked out how to create artificial implants that scar naturally and therefore avoid infections and rapid fall out. Now, that really would be something.
    Totally agree again.