X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wanderlust1
    • Apr 2017

Dr Ekrem Civas

Hey guys,

I have been researching about the best FUE Dr in Turkey and I was narrowed to Dr Ekrem Civas according to the good reputation and long experience he has. I did the online consultation and emailed the clinic. Patricia who works their replied me all details I need to know about like estimated number of grafts (3200), situation of my hair, technique will be used, area will be covered, price, and expected results. I messaged Patricia via WhatsApp and she answered all of my questions and explained them properly. I will do the surgery on the 5th of June. I will be posting when pictures before, during, and after the surgery.

Wish me the best

Regards,
  • Wanderlust1
    • Apr 2017

Please check the following link as I will be posting all pictures monthly.

Comment

• Simar
      • Jun 2017

All the Best Wanderlust1

Comment

• pecstretch
        • Aug 2015

3500 FUE Dr Ekrem Civas

Hey there - saw your post and thought I'd reply rather than start new thread.

When I researched HT clinics I remember feeling really overwhelmed. There weren’t very many online reviews (or people who had taken clear before/after pics); most of the info and pics I got was directly from the clinics, and I didn’t know how much I could rely on the pictures. I decided after waiting for the end result of my surgery I would write a detailed and honest review to help other people out in choosing a place.

Summary
        I contacted about 20 HT clinics in Turkey and finally chose Dr Civas. It was average priced (not the lowest quote I got, and not the highest). Here’s a summary of my experience. I waited the full two years to see the end result of the surgery.

About me: 34 years old at time of surgery, from Canada. Irish/Ukrainian descent with dark brown hair. I had some clinics tell me my donor area wasn't that great, which may have impacted my final results. A few clinics had even told me I would need two surgeries. My hair loss is both in crown and frontal (started at about age 25). I would have been about a Norwood 4 or 5 I think.

Clinic: Dr. Ekrem Civas, Civas Hair Transplant in Ankara, Turkey
        Surgery: 3500 grafts with FUE (about 9000 hairs). The cost at the time was about 1 euro per graft (special rate), and worked out to be $5000.00 (Canadian dollar).
        Date of surgery: October 2015
        Pictures: Before HT (2015) and 2.5 years later (March 2018)

Dr Civas's team was excellent. I have only good things to say. Patricia was prompt with replies, helpful with questions, and I didn't feel they rushed during the surgery. The surgery was one day. From what I can remember, Dr Civas met with me to discuss the surgery, drew the hairline; then proceeded with the freezing (which was painless). He was the one who created all of the holes for the transplants. The bulk of the time was spent by the 3 technicians who implanted the follicles (about 5 hours or more probably). Dr. Civas would check in on me regularly.

All in all I am quite pleased withe results, with the exception of the crown. I thought I would get more coverage; however, I may have lost more hair since the surgery. I think they did an excellent job of the hair line and the frontal part, which for me was the most important. I remember viewing other HT photos and noticing that he hairline seemed artificial. Nobody can tell I had a HT (one barber so far has been able to spot it, but he was looking really closely). I currently don't use any medication but am thinking I will try finasteride again. I went on it last year but noticed a decrease in labido, so I stopped. Also, I still have some mild numbness on my head as a result of the surgery (which can happen in rare cases I am told). It sometimes bothers me but is improving.

If anyone has questions let me know!
        Attached Files

Comment

• superflash
          • May 2018

Hi pecstretch,

Your results look good. I also need about 3500 grafts and from my research, my top 2 choices are Dr. Civas or Dr. Cinik.
          Was Dr. Cinik one of the 20 HT clinics you contacted?

Comment

• pecstretch
            • Aug 2015

No I didn't contact their office. There's just too many to choose from. If I was doing it again there was a place that said they'd do FUE over two days for the same cost (which I think is much more advantageous, and would have probably been a better result). At that time the clinic was called "BHT Hair Clinic Turkey" and the surgeon was Dr Ayhan Colak. He apparently worked under Dr Hakan Doganay for a few years, who is well known and one of the top surgeons. Having gone through the surgery, I realize (retrospectively) having the surgery over two days probably would be worth it. I think everything is just more secure (people aren't rushed, less room for error, more time to do the job properly, etc). Also because I had a weak donor area, that clinic said they could have implanted some chest hair for better coverage! Anyway, I'd check that place out if you haven't already found one.

Comment

• drpepper68
              • Feb 2018

Thanks for the detailed info. I just contacted Dr Civas but havent heard back yet. I am in USA so will be a long flight but man the cost in the US is so rediculously expensive! Very impressive results.

Comment

• reverseFlash
                • Jan 2019

I went with Dr. Cinik.

Comment

• Giastro
                  • Jul 2019

hi reversflash,
                  how did you find yourself with doctor Cinik?

Comment

Working...