+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Artas - i did it!

Hello Everyone!

I joined this forum about 8 months ago or so.. I turned 28 in March and had been dealing with hair loss since I was about 23. I've been through the ringer with hair loss, from grievance, to acceptance, to denial, you name it. There were times when I didn't want to live anymore because I couldn't accept the inevitable.

I did so much research on hair..From baseball caps, how I slept, what I ate, vitamins, sun, etc etc etc. A finally found out what most of you know, it's the DHT. It seemed that the only products to actually work were the big three. I like to avoid chemicals and man-made prescriptions when I can but I had no choice. Get on Fin ASAP to slow/stop loss, Minoxidil 2x a day for regrowth, Nizoral 3x a week to cleans DHT from scalp and help with itch - and then my personal MVP - Toppik, every day to my liking.

Through the years I finally found a regimen that kept me sane, but I knew in the back of my mind that my hair wasn't getting any better, even though it appeared fine to most. I just learned how to mask it and make it work for me. It just sucked every day, wondering how my hair looked. Would it be windy, would it rain, could I go swimming, etc...Masking the problem only worked for so long.

With all that being said, I was offered a once in a lifetime offer to be a "trail subject" for the new Artas Robot Hair Restoration Machine... Like I said earlier, I'm 28, in my prime, good-looking guy. I didn't want to take a week off work and have everyone and their Mother know about my "condition", but I bit the bullet and went ahead with the procedure.

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's unlike the strip surgery. There's no scarring. It takes hair from the back individually and moves it to the crown and temple region. I'm going to upload pics from the day after the surgery and a few days after as well. It hasn't even been a week yet, but I'll try to follow up with my results in a few weeks/months.

The process took awhile, about 6-7 hours with a lunch break. The only small pain was the needles for numbing and the awkward chair position. All that aside, it was pain free, even after the surgery. All I've had to do now is just keep it clean and go in for check-ups.

I can't say I'm pleased with the results YET, because I don't have them, BUT - my new hairline is going to look amazing when it's grown in.

Attached are some photos - please please please comment or message me if you have any questions about this procedure. I was never one to consider a hair transplant - I honestly would of been OK being bald if I knew that my head was this nicely shaped, lol. I only went through with this because it's the newest technology. It's literally a robot and a team guiding through the whole process.

I embraced my buzzed head and just knowing I went through with the procedure gave me a huge boost in confidence. I can't really explain the feeling. Just knowing the problem was in the process of being fixed...it seemed to give me a new lease on life.

Side note - I already had hair in the front, but the robot is able to detect existing hair vs dormant follicles. It's truly amazing. If you live in Southern CA, let me know I can get you a referral through the Med-spa I did it with.

THE PHOTOS INCLUDED ARE PRE-OP, SAME DAY POST-OP, THEN 5 DAYS POST-OP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender3.jpg

Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	51584   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	51581   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender2.jpg

Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	51582   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg

Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	51583   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender5.jpg

Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	51586   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender6.jpg

Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	51587   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender4.jpg

Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	51585  

105 views and no replies or comments?

I'm a bit confused, I thought this would be huge news with many inquiries... I guess not.

Was my post too wordy? Any tips to get a conversation going? I just want to help anyone who's interested.

Thanks!

Sigh...I fear you did not do enough research prior to your HT and rushed into things because a clinic offered you a 'deal'

It is well known that the ARTAS is not the best option for FUE. The top surgeons do not use it.

I hope for the best for you, but I fear in 6-12 months when you are supposed to have your full result, you are going to be disappointed, and require further surgery.

Stick around on the forums, don't be afraid to ask questions, and hold your surgeon accountable for the final result.

I know a guy who went for the ARTAS because he was offered half price FUE, and he got butchered.

I'm not really active on this forum, but I'll reply for you.

I'm glad you're happy! That's great. Your post feels a bit like spam though. You didn't mention the doctor, the amount of grafts, and there is some mysterious point of getting a "once in a lifetime..." without any real details. If you're legit, good luck with the healing! I do wonder about the transplanted density, but with your hair being so short it's possible they were filling in weak areas. It's difficult to tell.

Grow well.

Very fair points, I appreciate the input. I'm not very advanced or technically sound when it comes to transplants or grafts but I believe they pulled about 2,000 and implanted about 1,800-1,900 of them if that sounds right.

It was a unique offer for me. My Moms friend owns a MedSpa where they just bought the equipment so I got a great deal on it because I was one of the dozen treated I just didn't wanna give to much info regarding that. I don't have any stake in either company and this post is nothing more than a testimony to my procedure.

Members can see my profile is legit as I've been involved in other non-related topics beforehand.
    Again thanks for your response.

So they tossed 100-200 grafts? Any reason for this?

1882 implanted and about 2k or so removed. I would need to get the specifics from the office as to why, but I believe it was a combo of having more than enough for recipient area and also not wanting to use any grafts that weren't optimal quality.

Dan,

I've read nothing but good results on the machine. I only received a deal because it was through a family friend before program launch. What exactly do you think my results will be? Things have already healed exceptionally well.

Slush,

Would you mind elaborating on the transplant density?

Thank you

I'm sorry dude but 2000 grafts to cover all the areas they are attempting to with that designed hairline is a recipe for disaster. It's going to be thin/wispy and lack great coverage

I'm not trying to bring you down, I just want you to be prepared for the future. If you got a good deal great, it's not like all is lost at this point. But when you have to go for another procedure do tons of research and go to one of the top docs.