X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sch89
    • Jun 2011

Topical Finasteride

Hey folks,
    I've been calling around to different compounding pharmacies in my area (US), and it seems that it would be very expensive to have topical fin compounded. The cheapest I've heard so far was 200 bucks a month. Does anyone know a cheaper way to get this done in the states? Are there any reputable online places that make it?
  • k9gatton
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by sch89
    Hey folks,
    I've been calling around to different compounding pharmacies in my area (US), and it seems that it would be very expensive to have topical fin compounded. The cheapest I've heard so far was 200 bucks a month. Does anyone know a cheaper way to get this done in the states? Are there any reputable online places that make it?
    Yes, go to www.medicalwellnesscenter.com. Get an online script. You only pay if they give it to you.

It's 99.00 if approved. You only pay when you get a refill, or the medication.

Comment

• sch89
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by k9gatton
      Yes, go to www.medicalwellnesscenter.com. Get an online script. You only pay if they give it to you.

It's 99.00 if approved. You only pay when you get a refill, or the medication.
      That website looks super sketchy, you know anyone who has ordered from there? Any idea if it's possible to lower the finasteride concentration?

Comment

• cardib
        • Jan 2016

damn 90 bucks? it use to be 60. rip off artists. site is legit tho

i'm still of the faction that topical fin is no where as effective as the oral, which i would not even recommend clearly due to the sexual side effects.
        fin only slowly halts hair loss, and seems to only give great results for the very few.

Comment

• k9gatton
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by sch89
          That website looks super sketchy, you know anyone who has ordered from there? Any idea if it's possible to lower the finasteride concentration?

It is possible to lower it. The tube size has gotten smaller. Kind of thinking of looking at Promox, or something else. Also, although they have refunded me, they sometimes charged me twice (and later refunded one).

There response was there tube size was on hold until May. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Comment

• bruce42
            • May 2012

How about this? Minoxidil mixed with finasteride.

Or this:
            Customized Formula 82F Finoxidil (topical finasteride & topical minoxidil) is now available for Bauman patients to promote hair growth.

Comment

Working...