+ Reply to Thread

Default Spencer's Success

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say hello from the UK and briefly tell you my hairloss story

Being 22 aa I always think Im too young to be losing my hair (Norwood 2.5-3 I'd say but I find it hard to tell) and Im probably right. There is no hairloss in my family at such a young age eventhough my dads side of the family has an extensive history of hairloss at an older age. My dad for example was moderately receded and starting to develop a bald spot in his late 40's and the rest of the family seems to follow this pattern. My uncle who is about 13 years older than my dad was about a norwood 4-5 at 60 but has lost most of his hair now at 80. My mothers side of the family however has very little history of hairloss and its such a huge family I can't think of anyone that is more than a Norwood 3.
    I hate to see myself whinging about inheriting this balding gene but I suppose it makes me feel better venting about it every now and again and I know that there are a lot worse things that could happen to me.
    I started propecia in mid-february through the Boots hair retention programme and I'm hoping to at least maintain what I have for a decent while until something better comes out
    Since I've only recently found this forum and the great work you guys do in helping each other I was just wondering if you could fill me in on something. I realise that Spencer has been taking propecia for well over a decade now and wondered just how effective it has been in helping him? I also read that he didn't start taking it till he was older than me so Im guessing he will have lost some ground in this time but has he pretty much maintained what he had when he started? I know he uses scalp makeups but Im not sure if he was using them before his propecia kicked in or he has lost ground.
    Im only asking this because maintaining hair for such a long time just using propecia would give me so much hope

Sorry for the story of my life and I wish you all the best of luck on your future fight against hairloss!

Welcome to the forum Fazlaa. I too started loosing my hair at 22. I'm 24 now. So you are right in thinking you are too young to have hair loss, but you are not the only one so you are not alone in your struggle.

I wish you the best of luck.

Take care.

Hey Crashul

Thanks for the warm welcome! What kind of regime are you on at the moment? Had much success. I forgot to mention that I also use nizoral a few times a week and maybe I'll add minox after giving propecia a proper chance at keeping me "rooted" so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Fazlaa View Post
    Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say hello from the UK and briefly tell you my hairloss story

Being 22 aa I always think Im too young to be losing my hair (Norwood 2.5-3 I'd say but I find it hard to tell) and Im probably right. There is no hairloss in my family at such a young age eventhough my dads side of the family has an extensive history of hairloss at an older age. My dad for example was moderately receded and starting to develop a bald spot in his late 40's and the rest of the family seems to follow this pattern. My uncle who is about 13 years older than my dad was about a norwood 4-5 at 60 but has lost most of his hair now at 80. My mothers side of the family however has very little history of hairloss and its such a huge family I can't think of anyone that is more than a Norwood 3.
    I hate to see myself whinging about inheriting this balding gene but I suppose it makes me feel better venting about it every now and again and I know that there are a lot worse things that could happen to me.
    I started propecia in mid-february through the Boots hair retention programme and I'm hoping to at least maintain what I have for a decent while until something better comes out
    Since I've only recently found this forum and the great work you guys do in helping each other I was just wondering if you could fill me in on something. I realise that Spencer has been taking propecia for well over a decade now and wondered just how effective it has been in helping him? I also read that he didn't start taking it till he was older than me so Im guessing he will have lost some ground in this time but has he pretty much maintained what he had when he started? I know he uses scalp makeups but Im not sure if he was using them before his propecia kicked in or he has lost ground.
    Im only asking this because maintaining hair for such a long time just using propecia would give me so much hope

Sorry for the story of my life and I wish you all the best of luck on your future fight against hairloss!
    I listen to The Bald Truth every week and have followed Spencer Kobren for quite sometime. He is taking Proscar and says he only started to use the scalp makeup for the past few years when he lost some ground. He’s incredibly candid about how he covers his hair loss and how it makes him feel, which inspires me a lot. I think some people can maintain on Propecia indefinitely and some people just can not. He looks like one of those who kept a lot of hair over the years, but he does say that it has thinned over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    I listen to The Bald Truth every week and have followed Spencer Kobren for quite sometime. He is taking Proscar and says he only started to use the scalp makeup for the past few years when he lost some ground. He’s incredibly candid about how he covers his hair loss and how it makes him feel, which inspires me a lot. I think some people can maintain on Propecia indefinitely and some people just can not. He looks like one of those who kept a lot of hair over the years, but he does say that it has thinned over time.
    Wow that is definitely good going and gives those just starting to lose hair hope. Does he take the full 5mg of proscar or does he quarter it? Im considering doing the same because it would be a lot cheaper for me. Im currently paying £90 a pop for 3 months treatment which ain't small sum to a final year student like me the money we pay to keep our hair though ey

He takes the full 5mg but does not recommend that to start. Quartering the tablets makes sense but just make sure you get the real thing.

hmmm yeah thats a good point. I think the patent for propecia runs out in about 2 years so I'm guessing you'll be able to get the guaranteed real deal pretty cheaply here soon. Btw if your reading this Spencer your an absolute dude! Hope your aware that you have plenty of fans here in the UK too

on this subject - do you guys know where to get proscar from in the UK? and is it ok to get it without a prescription from a GP if you've never been on propecia? I need to get on fin asap but my local GP won't give me a prescription (they think the drug is useless) and I don't know where else to go for it. cheers