I'm going to test a LLLT helmet. Tracking my results here - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I'm going to test a LLLT helmet. Tracking my results here

Hey everyone, I've used this forum in the past and am going to use it to track my progress and keep myself motivated.

A little about me:

I'm 31 years old and have been experiencing hair loss since I was 18. I've used Propecia/Rogaine on and off since then, but have used it religiously for the past year. Several years ago, I met with a hair restoration surgeon who told me I had DUPA. Although I'm not 100% convinced that I do, I have been reluctant to look further into surgical restoration just in case my donor hair is poor/would be a temporary fix. I use a concealer to hide my thining areas, and while it does a great job, I hate how messy it leaves my bathroom and it also sometimes gets on my clothes and slows me down when I'm running late. I'd like to get to a point where I'm fully comfortable not using any concealers, and think I'm getting close.

So after a year, I think I've maxed out what I can do on Propecia/Rogaine (I also take Vitamin D daily) and have decided that I'm going to use a laser helmet (won't mention the brand name). I've use a laser comb in the past, and thought I had some decent results but truthfully I became lazy about using the comb hope that a helmet/hat device will be easier to use long term. I'm also going to add biotin to my diet. With that said, here is what I'm starting with (Pics taken March 27th, 2017):

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170324_124316.jpg

Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	51482Click image for larger version

Name:	20170328_093437.jpg

Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	51483

I will update this thread monthly.

Alright, so I'm about a month in. I got a haircut today hoping to match the length of last month's picture, but accidentally got it cut way too short so I unfortunately these pics won't be much of a comparison. As a side note, I stopped taking Propecia about two weeks ago. I wasn't planning on stopping it, but I've feel like I've been getting some side affects (I've been taking it on and off for about 13 years, and have used it for at least a year straight if not longer). I may go back on later, but it'll be interesting to see if my laser helmet can at least maintain what I have without the meds.

My own observations are this: I feel like my hair quality has gotten better. I haven't noticed any shedding (this is still true since I quit using Propecia). Obviously a month is too early to see any real results, but hopefully there'll be something more substantial in month 2.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170426_173641.jpg

Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	51848Click image for larger version

Name:	20170426_172817.jpg

Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	51849

Thanks for keeping us updated. It will be interesting to see how you do.

Please keep us updated!

Here's a mid-month two update. I'm going to be traveling internationally for the next 9 days and am going to miss 4 treatments. I plan on taking a lasercomb instead of my helmet just so I have something, but truthfully it may be too hectic of a trip to even use that. I do plan on going back on Finasteride for the trip just so I don't lose too much momentum.

Below is my pre-month 2 pics. To remind everyone, I stopped using Propecia about a month ago. I have noticed a little bit of shedding, but only on my fingers when I apply Rogain. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if I'm shedding more than usual or if I'm just more aware of it because I'm nervous about what will happen to my hair without Propecia. The increased shedding also could hopefully be related to new hairs coming in. I will say that these pics in comparison to month one are petty similar, and that in itself could be considered a "win" since I was mostly able to maintain my hair without the Propecia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_103257.jpg

Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	52122   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_103414.jpg

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	52123  

I am looking for a laser to buy, and I can't sort out which would be better--and I find price range from 500 to 3000 dollars. so if you would provide a name, if you think yours is good, I would be grateful. Or if anyone else has one to recommend. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elle3000 View Post
    I am looking for a laser to buy, and I can't sort out which would be better--and I find price range from 500 to 3000 dollars. so if you would provide a name, if you think yours is good, I would be grateful. Or if anyone else has one to recommend. Thanks
    I'm using an iRestore. I was reluctant to say the name, because I didn't want to come across as working for them or anything. As to whether or not it's good, I think it's still too early for me to have seen any results. They claim that you won't see any results between 3-6 months. As for the product itself, it's easy to use and and I haven't had any problems with it.

Thank you!

This is very interesting. Please keep us updated with progress. I am not much of a believer, but seeing Joe Tillman's video post makes me wonder of the possibilities. If this works, it would be great news. Thank you for sharing.

Okay! I am 2 months in and I have picture results below. As a reminder, I was traveling out of the country and missed 4 laser helmet treatments. Luckily I had my old lasercomb, and brought that with me instead. I didn't miss a session, but I don't think it's as affective as a helmet since there isn't a constant laser source hitting your scalp. Unfortunately, I forgot my Rogain but I had Propecia, and used that for most of my trip. On the whole, I'm still not seeing any growth (still one more month till I'm supposed to see anything) but I'm more pleased that I haven't really seen much if any loss. I still think the quality of my hair is better. Anxious to see if I see any changes next month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_083423.jpg

Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	52362   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_083447.jpg

Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	52363