I'm going to test a LLLT helmet. Tracking my results here

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairGuru
    • Dec 2018

I believe it helps my hair quality did seem more dense. I use the Igrow system every other day, but I will invest in one when I have money that has more lasers.

Comment

• FAA952
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jdlondon
      Any update? Did LLLT work for you?
      I decided to use this lockdown time to my advantage and started up again. I've completed the first month and am tracking with photos. I'll post an update after 3 months.

Comment

• misterioking
        • Aug 2020

Looking at your photos, it looks like you're hair responded very well to it. Do you use anything besides LLLT? Finasteride, Minoxidil or anything else?

Comment

• FAA952
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by misterioking
          Looking at your photos, it looks like you're hair responded very well to it. Do you use anything besides LLLT? Finasteride, Minoxidil or anything else?

Thanks! These pictures are from a few years back so I don't remember for sure. I believe I was using Finasteride at first but stopped early on. I don't think I was using Minoxidil.

This time around I'll be using both + the laser helmet. I normally get lazy about Minoxidil, but I want to come out of this pandemic with some good hair game so I figured I'd try all three.

Comment

• FAA952
            • Sep 2009

Hi everyone, was going to post results after 3 months, but I'm at the end of month two and am already having some great results. You'll notice that my hair is a little longer. I had shaved my head as part of my pandemic haircut. It was at a 2 at the start of this. Initially I was going to try to keep it at the same length, but I've decided to grow it back. It's currently at a 4 length (gave myself a slight trim yesterday). I understand that distorts the pic some, but I think the gains are pretty clear regardless of hairlength.

Just to be clear, I am not only using the LLT helmet. I know the thread started out that way when I started it years ago, but I want to come out of this pandemic with great hair and am going all out. Rather than start a new thread, I thought it'd be helpful to see my full hair journey over the years. My current regiment is:

1. Minoxidil Foam twice a day.
            2. Finasteride once daily.
            3. LLT every other day for 25 minutes.
            4. Daily vitamins of Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Fish Oil
            5. Increased consumption of fruits and vegetables.

Edit, apologies that the photo from day 0 is so zoomed in.
            Attached Files

Comment

• FAA952
              • Sep 2009

Okay! I'm 90 days in and here are my results. Personally don't see a ton of change between the last two months, but supposedly day 120 is when you start to see changes. I'll keep tracking. I will say I feel like the overall body looks better, but I'm hoping to get more coverage in the "thinner" spots.
              Attached Files

Comment

• FAA952
                • Sep 2009

Here's a side by side of the last two months. My hair is a little longer than last time and combed differently, so it's a little hard to tell, but on second thought it looks fuller in the back.
                Attached Files

Comment

• HelpMeIamBald
                  • Jan 2021

Hey What happened with you any update?

Comment

• FAA952
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by HelpMeIamBald
                    Hey What happened with you any update?
                    Hey man, sorry I had stopped posting since no one had replied so I thought there wasn't any interest. Glad you reached out. Still going strong, left is November 1st (Day 120) and right is December 1st (Day 150). I do think the volume has really improved. Still thin/patchy in spots, but I'm at a point where I'm comfortable with my actual hair without using Dermatch/Toppik.

I'll take this month's picture tomorrow, forgot to do it today but wanted to keep the lighting consistent (usually take it first thing in the morning).
                    Attached Files

Comment

• HelpMeIamBald
                      • Jan 2021

These results look good honestly. Are you doing this with Minoxidil and Propecia combined?

Can you DM me the name of the laser helmet you're using please? I am considering buying iRestore off Amazon.

Comment

• FAA952
                        • Sep 2009

Just went through this thread, and I have to say, I think my hair looks significantly better from when I originally started this thread several years ago. A good reminder for me and hopefully others to keep up with their regiment.

Comment

• FAA952
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by HelpMeIamBald
                          These results look good honestly. Are you doing this with Minoxidil and Propecia combined?

Can you DM me the name of the laser helmet you're using please? I am considering buying iRestore off Amazon.
                          I'm using minoxidil and propecia as well as regularly taking Vitamin D and Fish Oil. I'm using the original iRestore from several years back, but there may be better helmets out there now.

Comment

• HelpMeIamBald
                            • Jan 2021

Which one are the better ones? How many years have you been on Propecia? Any side effects?

Comment

• HairGuru
                              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by FAA952
                              I'm using minoxidil and propecia as well as regularly taking Vitamin D and Fish Oil. I'm using the original iRestore from several years back, but there may be better helmets out there now.
                              The new one looks amazing but super expensive, I use Igrow.

Comment

• FAA952
                                • Sep 2009

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. Below are my results from Day 180 (left) and Day 210 (right). I feel like my results are getting better and better. I have a small thin spot on the back of my head, but it's definitely closed up a good amount. I'm not sure how much better it'll get, but even if this is it I'm more than fine with this. I can't see the back of my head, so who cares .

Recently, I've been focusing on thickening up my hairline. I use Minoxidil twice a day, so at night I use it on my hairline and in the morning I put it on my crown. Let's see if it does anything. For a long time I had been thinking about getting a hair transplant, but I'm getting close to the point where I don't really feel like I want it. Progress!!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...