+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Short and Sweet

Post Short and Sweet

I'll keep this short and spare you all mundane details. I had hair, I lost it. I think we are pretty much up to date now!

Tried Rogaine... didn't work for me
    Tried Saw Palmetto.. That was useless
    Tried Nioxin... Waste
    Haven't tried Propecia
    Haven't had a hair transplant
    Haven't worn a hair piece

at this point I am keeping my options open.

I like your avatar and name.

Your story doesn't get any shorter, but I don't think anyone here will agree that it's sweet.

I see you've tried Rogaine without any success. What we've seen is positive effects when Rogaine Foam is used in conjunction with Propecia (Finasteride) on a daily basis. I'll try to post some before/after examples of patients who tried both medications. Best of luck.
    Hi, I'm the Head Tech and Surgical Manager for Shapiro Medical Group. janna@shapiromedical.com

I like your story.

At least you didn't waste any money on laser beams. I just don't know how I could have been so stupid Oh well, live and learn.

This is a great site. Lots of good people to talk to and to ask advice.

Talking Rogaine Foam - Propecia - LaserBeams

HI Janna, Thanks for commenting. You are right, nothing sweet about hair loss. I would surely be interested in seeing some images of patients who have had success with finasteride and rogaine foam. How does the foam differ from the regular rogaine? Is it more effective in hair growth?

Laserhead - No laserbeams for me, sorry to hear you got burnt. And I'm extra sorry to hear the darn thing doesn't work. Figures.

Hi mate - lovin the pic! - Research the hell out of everything prior to making any decisions. Any reason you have not tried Propecia/Proscar yet?

Default side effects

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi mate - lovin the pic! - Research the hell out of everything prior to making any decisions. Any reason you have not tried Propecia/Proscar yet?
    Glad you like the pic! I have a lot free time nowadays with no life and all, to do all kinds of useless stuff on my computer.

I think the main reason I haven't chosen any particular avenue yet is because I haven't done all the research and am concerned I'd make the wrong choice. I know that Propecia/Proscar does have to be taken indefinitely and there are concerns about long term side effects. I don't know that there are any, I just have that in the back of my head, but I haven't ruled it out by any means. Keeping my options wide open. Hopefully not too open since my hair seems to be making an exit stage left from my head quite rapidly.

I think the main reason I haven't chosen any particular avenue yet is because I haven't done all the research and am concerned I'd make the wrong choice.
    Good for you mate - well just keep researching and all the very best with it. research is the key

I'll keep it short and sweet too...had hair loss, got a hair transplant...happy as can be!

That is sweet!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.