Need some advice, and feedback - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some advice, and feedback

Hey guys, so here it goes, here's my first post/story.
    Im 18 years old, turning 19 this July. Ive been having troubles with my hair since last year 1-2 months ish before summer. Then it started where one friend called out that my hair was kinda thinning. I have pretty thin but thick hair. (will share pic if needed). So what i mean by thin but thick is that i have curly/wavy hair, so when i dont apply water or hair wax, its thicker than a bush. My problem is that when i use hair wax i often see hair strands on my palm, is this normal?

I know its pretty early to think this early about hair, but i do care alot about my hair and better safe than sorry, am i right. So i started using oils like Castor, Coconut and Almond. And they worked good i got much thicker hair, could see less visible scalp after shower. Also a question, its normal to see some scalp with wet/oily hair right?
    But yeah so after the oils my hair started looking much better. I also get my hair cut every 2-3 weeks cause it grows so ****** fast, and i like keeping it short on the sides. So i recently cut it, but this time he cut it so short that my scalp is showing. So i want some advice what i can do to have healthy hair, and get thick af hair :P my dad and grandad still have hair so i dont think i have genetically bad hair, just might be hair product or something. My hair has receeded abit, but i think that is mostly because of maturing. People i know have said that i have nothing to worry about, aswell as some hairdressers. Whats your take on this? Thanks for reading!

another question, is to much oil bad for the hair, like i mix castor with almond 2 times a week.

Heres the pics, btw i did ask to a proffesional who deals with hairloss, and she said my hair is good, just that i should keep a watch if my hairline receedes more, i should contact her.
    First pic is natural, second is Oil

Doctor Representative

It's much better to start thinking about hair loss too early than too late! Preventing future loss is SO much easier than trying to undo loss via transplant or something else. Of course it's hard to gauge your hair density/thickness based on a few pictures, but from what I can tell your hair looks pretty normal to me. It would help if you were able to share some from a few years ago, before you felt like there may be an issue.

Also, seeing some hair when you apply wax etc. is fairly normal in small to moderate amounts. Everybody sheds hair, it's part of the natural cycle of hair growth. As long as the hair is just falling out and you aren't pulling it out when applying the wax there probably isn't a reason to be concerned. I'd have to agree with the doctor you talked to already- just keep doing what you're doing with the oils, etc. A lot of people on this forum would be ecstatic to have hair the looked like yours!
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Warms my heart to hear that . Much hasnt really changed the past years, other than the hairline receeding abit tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Keehar View Post

Receding hair isn't natural like you suggest, you should definitely watch the hairline and take photos. Compare photos in 6 months. Currently you don't look like you have an issue though.

Started taking propecia at the age of 18 late and i've been on it up until now, 21 today. Start as early as possible man, if you noticed sides then stop but if not keep going.