Mens frontal piece advice - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Mens frontal piece advice

Hey,

I have a strong receding hairline which has been an issue for years. I tried shaving it all off but that doesnt suit me at all.....unfortunately! So, I just placed my first order for a Mens frontal piece. Its a small swiss lace piece with size left to right about 5inch and back to front about 2.25inch. I have the following questions.

I still have a patch of hair on the front top. Do I shave it short, shave it off completely or wax it? Im just wondering what happens to the piece once the hair starts growing again underneath.

Which bond is the best? Ive been doing alllot of research but there are so many different opinions regarding this matter. My scalp is slightly oily and i sweat alot. I do alot of sport. Some say ghost bond XL or phantom bond is the best, others swear by walker ultra bond glue. Those three seem to be the best the market has to offer. I also read that ghost is not very water resistant, where walker is. The most important factor for me, as with probs most others, is that it shouldnt start coming off after one gym session or a shower, it needs to have a strong hold, and obviously needs to be as undetectable as possible.

I dont want to reorder every month. I was told the swiss lace can last up to 4months. How often should one remove and clean the piece? Everyday, once a week, longer? How does that affect the durability? Is swimming in the ocean a no go? If I go to the beach on holiday, will I be able to swim with the piece? What about constant sun exposure?

Thats it for now

Thanks

my brother has a Cesare ragazzi system and I have to admit that it looks way more natural than hairtransplants its like he never lost hair he has to go in salon every 3 to 4 weeks to maintain but he tells me that it feels like he doesn't even have a system its he looks amazing I think I'm going to get one as well

Default Frontal hairpiece

"I still have a patch of hair on the front top. Do I shave it short, shave it off completely or wax it? Im just wondering what happens to the piece once the hair starts growing again underneath."
    Best not to apply liquid adhesive or tape over hair. Adhesives attach most securely to bare skin. If hair grows under the area of attachment it will loosen the bond as the hair gets longer.

"Which bond is the best?"
    Best bond is the bond that works best for you. Until you experiment you will not know. I have been wearing for 10 years. I use only HairDirect HD BOND http://www.hairdirect.com/store/hd-w...esive-2oz.aspx AND SuperTape. I never detach less than every 5 weeks. Have gone as long as 7 weeks. I workout 7 days/week. Weights + 40 minutes of hard cardio in ALL weather conditions. I also swim.....swam my usual 30 minute freestyle swim yesterday. At most I do a 5 minute hairline touchup at about 3 weeks. My attachment is just as secure at 5 weeks as it was at day 1. YOUR experience may be different!

"I was told the swiss lace can last up to 4months."

It might last 4 months, or.....2 months, 6 months, etc. "Wear and tear" based on YOU will determine longevity.

"How often should one remove and clean the piece? Everyday, once a week, longer?"

See my answer above.

"How does that affect the durability?"

Stress on a hp increases with A: the number of detachments/attachments, and, B: your life style.

"Is swimming in the ocean a no go?"

The ocean is salt water, a pool is chlorinated water. Pick your poison. I swim in a chlorinated pool for 30 minutes. If the ocean was handy I would be just as likely to use it.

"Sun exposure."

Sun is hard on everything. Car paint, house paint, clothing, etc, and hairpieces. The hair will oxidize (takes on a reddish hue) and become more dry and brittle. Re-dyeing the hair piece helps with color and overall condition.
    Bottom line for you.......you will only answer these questions after you start wearing. Anything that applies to me may or may not apply to you. Everyone's experience is different.

Thanks 4 the info!