Clear All
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

Cant believe this shit is happening to me

...DELETED...

(since it's retarded)
  • Gusto
    • Apr 2010

I know you're upset (I went through that type of 'why me?'), but least you don't have cancer.

Best of luck anyway.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
      • Mar 2010

today id choose cancer

Comment

• Gusto
        • Apr 2010

No comment.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
          • Mar 2010

ok I have cooled down...a little.

I am going to use this to my advantage and try to be more competitive in life...

But I am still going to get a hair transplant for sure. It can't go on like this. Things have gotten to a stage that I just can't take it anymore. Will take me 1-3 months to save up for a hair transplant.

I am definitely doing this. I bloody hope I respond to finasteride otherwise I am screwed in life. Because then I would need several transplants and I would never have good overall thickness.

This year I am fixing all this crap, once and for all.

If I respond to finasteride this would hold the fort until HSC or some other fairy tale product comes out.

Comment

• Fixed by 35
            • Mar 2010

If you waste your money on an unregistered hair transplant doctor, then not only is there a good chance you'll look even worse but there's also a chance all your donor hair will be wasted. You'll go from baldness to baldness with scars and no available treatment.

If you want to get your hair back, you're going to have to get a skill so you can emigrate to a country that pays you better. Don't have anyone persuade you otherwise; your parents are clearly so unsympathetic that they don't deserve your presense anymore. Perhaps they need to be taught what loss feels like, just for a little while? It seems to be working wonders for my parents by all accounts, I won't be hearing any bald jokes next time I bother to contact them.

I'll bet your dad didn't start balding at 20 either.

Comment

• mkamph
              • Dec 2008

ditto to what fixed by 35 wrote. having it done by a doc that isn't a iahrs member could very possibly cause you more problems. hang in there, come up with a definitive plan, and stick with it. have you thought about trying avodart?

Comment

• Fixed by 35
                • Mar 2010

Should really give finasteride a chance to work first, if it's only been a month.

The strongest advice is get to the developing world and start making some cash. Baldness cures, when they finally hit the shelves, are never going to be easily available in the developing or third world.

Comment

• Artista
                  • Apr 2010

Im concerned about your well being Keep'

You have expressed in raw words what many many young(and older) men feel. You sound that you are in deep depression so its a good thing that you are here. Keep' dont lose track of the bigger picture. These are just words right now but when you are in a better state of mind, you will realize. I too am in a funk over this hair loss but,,well my situation is different than yours. I have children etc etc. You need to refocus your sights. Realize what you have right now and make it work for you. Adjust and adapt until that day in which a treatment or a transplant comes along. The guys here have given you great advice. My personal opinion is this,,because you are YOUNG ,you will DEFINITELY see a viable treatment on the horizon. This being the case ,,you will have many many years ahead of you in which these earlier days of hair loss will be an old memory. My personal opinion,,of course. Check out Histogens HSC news,,and they are not the only kids on the block!

Comment

• smileyface19
                    • May 2009

Good post guys. I totally agree with fixedby35 about this issue, he gave you good advice.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                      • Mar 2010

I know guys.

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate the advice.

I admit I need it.

The doctor that I am considering looks to be really legit though. He seems to be really good. I won't get the transplant done if I am not entirely sure of there being huge chance of success.

I am not posting about the doctor here because I don't want him finding this if I ever do consider him or not.

You guys can contact me on williamsshaun@live.com and I will tell you which country I am from and what doctor I am considering. He really does seem very decent.

I will never just jump into surgery though. But I am strongly considering it.

I have some money right now. If I used it all for it I could get it done. But I can't use all my money...not that I need it just isn't smart. But I could make the $4000 in a month or two and then reconsider my options.

That is what I am going to do now. My guess is it will be no more than $4000.

If I was rich I would definitely go with Dr. Feller or someone extremely good at this. But I don't have that sort of money. And I don't have the time to save for it since my youth is being dumped down the drain.

I won't jump into surgery. My hair is really thin lately...I don't know if it is due to shedding or whatever...I only shed for a few days...

We will see. I am 100% certain that finasteride won't give me good enough results. I want my full hair back. I am strongly considering a hair transplant.

I will decide what to do...

Anyway, if you guys want to use that fake email address I made to contact me thats really cool.

Hope is the only thing I have now. Life would be unbelievable if I could fix my hair.

hope....

Comment

• Winston
                        • Mar 2009

I know how tough it is for you right now, but having a hair transplant at your early stage of hair loss will most likely be the biggest mistake of your life. Going to a non IAHRS surgeon will untimely only compound this tragic mistake. DO NOT DO IT!

Comment

• crashul
                          • Jun 2009

KeepTheHair, in my opinion the best advice given was Fixed by 35's. Get yourself to a developed country. You are young and you are smart. You will make it. That is exactly what i did and I'm not sorry. It was a 2 year struggle but now i know that when that miracle cure comes out, or when one of the existing treatments improves i will be able to afford it.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                            • Mar 2010

I have only been on finasteride for ten or so days. But even if it does work on my hairline(which it probably won't) I would not have that fullness again. I need a hair transplant.

Getting to an IAHRS member is extremely difficult and pricey. Traveling etc fees will be extremely expensive.

Have you guys heard of the ISHRS? How are their doctors?

Over 2000 international physicians dedicated to the highest standards of patient outcomes, dedicated to hair restoration, hair transplantation & hair loss.

Comment

• Fixed by 35
                              • Mar 2010

Chances are this transplant won't give you what you want. By the time the new hair grew in, other hair might well have been lost. Anyone charging only $4,000 will not be any good. I'd even question their ability to be safe. No offence, but in the third world medical standards are a lot lower because of a lack of regulation.

It's not so much your youth is slipping away, unless you intended to have a shallow youth. A lot of people your age in my country don't have much time for a life because they're hard at study. They're the ones using their youth to make a good future.

I recommend you get your feet back on the ground and take this approach:

1) Keep taking all the meds. The sides might go away. You're meant to be anxious at the moment, drugs or not, because you're losing your hair. If you're concerned, see a doctor. You can even speak to a doctor online these days.

2) Save every penny you can. Don't waste it on gloopy substances that aren't proven to work or shady doctors that don't have the right approval.

3) Keep informed of the latest research.

4) Get a skill that gives you access to the developed world. Everyone should live and work in a country that is different to their own at least once in their life, and this will give you the chance to save the money you need. Also, getting a skill means you wouldn't have wasted your youth.

I would be very surprised if you did not have all your hair back by 2015. I expect Aderans and Histogen's solutions to have been available for a year, maybe two by then.

Comment

Working...