+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I know guys.

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate the advice.

I admit I need it.

The doctor that I am considering looks to be really legit though. He seems to be really good. I won't get the transplant done if I am not entirely sure of there being huge chance of success.

I am not posting about the doctor here because I don't want him finding this if I ever do consider him or not.

You guys can contact me on williamsshaun@live.com and I will tell you which country I am from and what doctor I am considering. He really does seem very decent.

I will never just jump into surgery though. But I am strongly considering it.

I have some money right now. If I used it all for it I could get it done. But I can't use all my money...not that I need it just isn't smart. But I could make the $4000 in a month or two and then reconsider my options.

That is what I am going to do now. My guess is it will be no more than $4000.

If I was rich I would definitely go with Dr. Feller or someone extremely good at this. But I don't have that sort of money. And I don't have the time to save for it since my youth is being dumped down the drain.

I won't jump into surgery. My hair is really thin lately...I don't know if it is due to shedding or whatever...I only shed for a few days...

We will see. I am 100% certain that finasteride won't give me good enough results. I want my full hair back. I am strongly considering a hair transplant.

I will decide what to do...

Anyway, if you guys want to use that fake email address I made to contact me thats really cool.

Hope is the only thing I have now. Life would be unbelievable if I could fix my hair.

hope....

Thumbs down

I know how tough it is for you right now, but having a hair transplant at your early stage of hair loss will most likely be the biggest mistake of your life. Going to a non IAHRS surgeon will untimely only compound this tragic mistake. DO NOT DO IT!

KeepTheHair, in my opinion the best advice given was Fixed by 35's. Get yourself to a developed country. You are young and you are smart. You will make it. That is exactly what i did and I'm not sorry. It was a 2 year struggle but now i know that when that miracle cure comes out, or when one of the existing treatments improves i will be able to afford it.

I have only been on finasteride for ten or so days. But even if it does work on my hairline(which it probably won't) I would not have that fullness again. I need a hair transplant.

Getting to an IAHRS member is extremely difficult and pricey. Traveling etc fees will be extremely expensive.

Have you guys heard of the ISHRS? How are their doctors?

http://www.ishrs.org/

Chances are this transplant won't give you what you want. By the time the new hair grew in, other hair might well have been lost. Anyone charging only $4,000 will not be any good. I'd even question their ability to be safe. No offence, but in the third world medical standards are a lot lower because of a lack of regulation.

It's not so much your youth is slipping away, unless you intended to have a shallow youth. A lot of people your age in my country don't have much time for a life because they're hard at study. They're the ones using their youth to make a good future.

I recommend you get your feet back on the ground and take this approach:

1) Keep taking all the meds. The sides might go away. You're meant to be anxious at the moment, drugs or not, because you're losing your hair. If you're concerned, see a doctor. You can even speak to a doctor online these days.

2) Save every penny you can. Don't waste it on gloopy substances that aren't proven to work or shady doctors that don't have the right approval.

3) Keep informed of the latest research.

4) Get a skill that gives you access to the developed world. Everyone should live and work in a country that is different to their own at least once in their life, and this will give you the chance to save the money you need. Also, getting a skill means you wouldn't have wasted your youth.

I would be very surprised if you did not have all your hair back by 2015. I expect Aderans and Histogen's solutions to have been available for a year, maybe two by then.

Angry I Agree and Feel the Same Way

I used to use a hairbrush to "comb" my head, but about 6 months ago i found lots of hair in the brush, then i switched to a comb. well, gueas what? now there is hair in the comb and even more than before. it seems like this crap happened almost overnight.....i am in a panic now and feel 20 years older than i am. so i am really upset like you are, just wondering if it will end and what i should do.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Today is not a good day. I just feel like wtf why is this shit happening to me.

Really frustrated today. You know ive managed to stay calm for awhile and so on... got on meds etc.

Not enough time to tell if they will work.

But I am very very very sure that my hair will never be as thick as it was again. **** this pisses me of so much right now. It is amazing how it changes my image completely. From amazing to absolute SHIT. Garbage hair ****

god I dont know what to do right now

Right now I am extremely frustrated and just sitting here with self pity.

****ing 20 and my hair looks like this ****ing SHIT. none of my friends have to go through this. NONE. no one has to.

I look way ****ing better with a full head of hair than they do...way better. but I dont have it anymore...

ive had enough ****ing problems in my life **** this shit.

I won't let it **** up everything.

I am going to work hard the next 2-3 months. I still live with my parents. I can save up for a hair transplant... I will have to do one locally because I can't afford one with an IAHRS member.

I think it will cost me around $4000 for the hair transplant. i won't do a small session either

Im ****ing done with this shit. If my hair doesn't look good in 2-3 months time then I will definitely do it. I know finasteride takes longer than that to "work" but I want my hairline back. I want the thickness back. I don't want this pathetic ****ing joke on top of my head anymore.

Recently my "baldness" has become too obvious...and its not because im shedding a lot either...im only shedding mildly if at all from my regimen. But yeah im ****ing done im sick and tired of this....

Why do i ahve to waste my time and money with this stuff? So i can work my ass of just to look normal....hell this is so unfair...

I live in a third world country...making $4000 is not easy. none of the people my age can even get that in a year... I have to somehow ****ing get this money and fix my hair

all before I run out of youth...

whats even ****ing worse is that when i brought up hair loss with my dad he said that I have too much issues and that i am full of SHIT. Really rude and stuff. Just like that. Out of the blue...like what the ****.

Now I resort to buying my stuff online and having the stuff shipped here and I just hide my pills in my room...i hide everything.

Why is hair loss so different? Why the ****ign hell do I have to suck it up? Why didn't I do something about this long time ago?

Where the hell was I supposed to get the money 3 years ago to pay for finasteride... i couldn't even probably take it at that damn age... my dad would never have payed for it...

I wont ****ing rest until I have money for this ****ing transplant.

God dammit...

sorry for all the bad grammar and language I am just so damn frustrated right now... I hope this makes me stronger like other shit in my life has done for me.

I am ****ing sitting here...feeling like I want to cry and just be ****ing pathetic...all over hair....

someoen ****ing help me before i go crazy...

again, sorry for the rude manner this crap is written in

j fhasdf hajksfhd jk241j4h 1kl234 9p243y 9ujsnkfdansdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdfasdf

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I have only been on finasteride for ten or so days. But even if it does work on my hairline(which it probably won't) I would not have that fullness again. I need a hair transplant.

Getting to an IAHRS member is extremely difficult and pricey. Traveling etc fees will be extremely expensive.

Have you guys heard of the ISHRS? How are their doctors?

http://www.ishrs.org/
    The ISHRS lets any doctor join even if they have never done a hair transplant. All they have to do is pay a fee and they are members. It could be a very big mistake to depend on their website to find a reputable hair transplant surgeon. I think most good doctors would strongly advise against a hair transplant at your age especially if you can not afford to go with the best.

keepthehair - i understand your frustration but dont do anything you might regret later

since you are young, the fact is you may not even be a viable candidate for HT ( as was the case with me - im a little older than you, mid-twenties), i reccomend sending your details and pics to some of the respected surgeons on this site and getting their opinion and if they say your not a viable candidate then its best to not do it or the results might turn out to be disasterous
    i know it can be hard to take if someone tells you your not a candidate but we have to accept that they know best

I don't think you have been on the meds long enough to know how well they will work. Don't do anything you might regret.
    There are some amazing examples of re-growth that are documented with photos. You are young so you have a better chance for that.
    Check out Dr. Robert Bernstein's sight (medications) he shows a picture of a 53 year old patient!! who had amazing results. Plus we live in a time when companies are really trying to come up with better therapies for hair loss so being young is a plus for you.

wow yeah...some days this really seems to get to me.

Today I feel ok... I do realize I am extremely young for a hair transplant. And that the full look is just a fantasy.

But I was thinking of maybe just restoring it up a little and then finasteride could keep me going until histogen kills this disease.

I won't ever choose a doctor unless I am very sure he is very good. But yeah... I will see what happens.

I will give my meds some time to work. See how my hair looks long and outgrown in 2-3 months. Though finasteride takes longer than that. But perhaps it looks better...

eh.....................

mlao I can't find the picture you are referring to. Also, I don't like Dr. Bernsteins website much because in the banner it has provillus and the lasercomb...both of which I think are total scams. So it doesn't really set a good picture. Those things aren't FDA approved. Everytime I land on that website it steers me away. I close it.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I know it wouldn't be the smartest thing to go for a HT right now...but if finasteride does stabilize it I will definitely consider it.

I wish I could get PRP or something. I have heard good things about it. It's not even that expensive.