Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DWoody
    • Mar 2017

Curious of my hair.

Hello, I'm new to this, but I'm 20 years old and I guess recently just looked at the top of my head/crown. Since I've looked I was curious if I was losing hair or anything of that sort. I've never really had problems before, I've had pretty long hair since about 7th grade so I'm just a little curious/anxious.

It looks like it could possibly be something of that sort (unsure). & at the same time it looks like it could be one of the roots (pretty sure that's what you call it) on the side-ish area. So please help me out, sorry for jibber jabber, just been stressing a little about this recently.
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

My first question, do you wear a tight ponytail? If so, it could be "traction alopecia". Meaning, you are literally tearing your hair out on a daily basis. If not, it's possible, for 20, it looks a bit on the thin side at the part.

How is your hairline in the front?

If you are worried... see a dermatologist.

Comment

• DWoody
      • Mar 2017

Thanks for the response. I'll occasionally put it up but it's never too tight, usually moreso a loose type ponytail just to keep it off of my neck.

But that's what I was worried about, whether it was thinning or it was just the part/roots making it look that way, because I never really noticed anything of that sort until consistently started brushing it back or brushing it that way (it used to always be down in my face). So I was unsure whether it was because I started putting it like this everyday recently.

I don't think my hairline is too bad in the front although I'm not too sure of that myself either. & I've thought of that but I don't know how much a dermatologist appointment would cost.

Comment

• BaldBearded
        • Jan 2017

I see. You don't have health care?

If you are worried about losing your hair... paying a dermatologist (you call, on the phone, and explain your issue, and they tell you how much an appointment will cost), just may be worth it.

Comment

Working...