19 years old, concerned about receding hairline (pictures included)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lawrence1
    • Mar 2017

19 years old, concerned about receding hairline (pictures included)

Hi guys. I'm 19 years old and I've just started noticing my hairline moving back farther than it used to be. I have pretty long hair, so sometimes it's hard to tell, but when I move back all the hair, the temples look like they're starting to go back pretty deeply, especially on the right side. The hair around my hairline also looks thin.

I'm not sure if this is just a maturing hairline or if I should be concerned about balding, it definitely runs in my family, and if I should get on propecia or something. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (7).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	482255Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (8).jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	482256Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (9).jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	482257
  • Lawrence1
    • Mar 2017

another picture of my right temple, not sure how bad this is?

Name:	FullSizeRender (10).jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	441695

Comment

• BaldBearded
      • Jan 2017

Hi,

Maturing hairline IS a form of MPB (Male Pattern Baldness). I can happen to many men, and then STOP... for a while. Do you have loss on top/back?

Always good to check with a dermatologist.

Comment

• Lawrence1
        • Mar 2017

I think that I may have had some thinning? It's so hard to tell because I don't really know what it used to look like, but here's the crown of my head while I'm pulling my hair back and then the front. I've always been able to see my part and it looks like I just have a bunch of parts over at the crown, but I can see my scalp from the front too so I think that might be concerning?? Does anyone have like a norwood estimation?

Name:	FullSizeRender (11).jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	441699Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (12).jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	441700

Comment

• BaldBearded
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Lawrence1
          I think that I may have had some thinning? It's so hard to tell because I don't really know what it used to look like, but here's the crown of my head while I'm pulling my hair back and then the front. I've always been able to see my part and it looks like I just have a bunch of parts over at the crown, but I can see my scalp from the front too so I think that might be concerning?? Does anyone have like a norwood estimation?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51464[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51465[/ATTACH]
          To my completely, and totally UNPROFESSIONAL opinion, it looks like you are thinning. I don't think it even rates a Norwood number... maybe 1? More like you are starting to thin.

Comment

• Jazz1
            • Aug 2012

Your hair still looks awesome, get some Regenepure DR or Nizoral and add some regaine foam 5% that will help a lot.

Comment

• Lawrence1
              • Mar 2017

Yeah it's weird like I've always been able to see my scalp easily but I think it might be worse now. Do you think it's thinning on the crown, the front, or both? I'm guessing I should start propecia soon then? I'm just concerned about side effects

Comment

• Lawrence1
                • Mar 2017

do you think i can start it in a few months and still be okay and not have lost a significant amount of hair? my parents do want me to see a dermatologist first. if i'm not actually thinning, will rogaine do anything negative?

Comment

Working...