Could I Pull Off The Bald Look? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Could I Pull Off The Bald Look?

Hi everyone.

After a long stint of denial, I've accepted that my hair is slowly receding and thinning a little. It sucks, but hey ho.

Because I reckon one day I will end up being bald, I'm considering shaving my head and am curious to see what i'll look like. I'm unsure whether to go through with it though as I'm pretty pasty, have light eyebrows (i could always dye them i guess), and am not blessed with great beard growing abilities (I've never never really tried to grow one but don't seem to get a great deal of growth after a week or so).

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...E0?usp=sharing

(I've included a recent picture without the hair scraped back to show what the mop currently looks like)

Other potentially relevant info:
    - 6 ft 1
    - A pretty lean 190 lb, having lifted for a number of years.

It would be great to get honest opinions on whether you reckon I could rock the bald look and if you think I've got the facial/head structure to pull it off.

I would rather not have any beat around the bush type answers so just be brutally honest, please.

Cheers guys

You actually look better with the hair pulled back. And I say this as someone who almost always says "Keep your hair at all cost". It's strange, because you have a long face. Most guys who look better bald have a more square face and a thick neck. I have no idea why you look better without hair, but you do.

haha, I'm not sure I agree as I'm damn pale and have a lack of facial hair going on but that is encouraging. Cheers

Doctor Representative

I actually think you could pull it off too. Whether it'd look better than how your hair is now I'm not sure, but I definitely think you'd look fine if you did decide to shave your head. Consider yourself lucky, I guess!
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Well that's good to hear! Still unsure myself though

Quote Originally Posted by tomec1 View Post
    Hi everyone.

After a long stint of denial, I've accepted that my hair is slowly receding and thinning a little. It sucks, but hey ho.

Because I reckon one day I will end up being bald, I'm considering shaving my head and am curious to see what i'll look like. I'm unsure whether to go through with it though as I'm pretty pasty, have light eyebrows (i could always dye them i guess), and am not blessed with great beard growing abilities (I've never never really tried to grow one but don't seem to get a great deal of growth after a week or so).

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...E0?usp=sharing

(I've included a recent picture without the hair scraped back to show what the mop currently looks like)

Other potentially relevant info:
    - 6 ft 1
    - A pretty lean 190 lb, having lifted for a number of years.

It would be great to get honest opinions on whether you reckon I could rock the bald look and if you think I've got the facial/head structure to pull it off.

I would rather not have any beat around the bush type answers so just be brutally honest, please.

Cheers guys
    Hey,

There is a BETTER forum for you!

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/

Best of luck!

BaldBearded

Quote Originally Posted by tomec1 View Post
    Hi everyone.

Because I reckon one day I will end up being bald, I'm considering shaving my head and am curious to see what i'll look like.
    If only I came to grips with my baldness in my early 20's I wouldn't be trying to fix my HT's now in my late 30s.

I vote shave it, get a few tattoos and own it.

You could definitely pull it off, although I'd just shave it close first, maybe a grade #4 or #5, see how you like it - and you're lucky that you're fair haired, because that makes hair-loss less obvious. Most people will think you just like the look. Being chiselled definitely helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by clee984 View Post
    You could definitely pull it off, although I'd just shave it close first, maybe a grade #4 or #5, see how you like it - and you're lucky that you're fair haired, because that makes hair-loss less obvious. Most people will think you just like the look. Being chiselled definitely helps too.
    Yeah, I may do that. I haven't really had any comments even though it's been receded a fair bit since I was 18 (6 years ago). The progression has been quite slow so hopefully I'll keep my mop long enough to get jacked!

I vote u do it too