+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Getting Scalp Micropigmentation in New York, My Story....

Hello, happy to be apart of this forum. Steve from Philly here. Ive been suffering from hair loss for about 8 years now. My father always warned me it was in our gene pool but I was still hoping for the best. Unfortunately around the age of 20 my hairline started receeding and now by the age of 28 I am almost completely bald. At one point I was considering a hair transplant a while back when I had some hair but its just so expensive… I also tried all the medications like minioxidil and various vitamins it may of slowed down the process to some degree, clearly not enough... Ive become more self conscious about my hair recently so im back doing research this month. I feel like scalp micropigmentation is a good fit for me especially with the severity of balding ive experienced.

I set up a consultation with chris lopez at hairline ink as I really like his work. I am still really nervous about moving forward. Has anyone had SMP? What were the results like for you?

Be careful. Came acros this article about smp return treatments:

https://www.markwestonhair.com/scalp...session-facts/

Better take a look at the attached photo of this guy's head own head. That is HORRIBLE!!!! He claims to be an smp artist? The crooked hairline is too far down on his forehead and the temples are too far forward. Hope he offers straps with the helmets he puts on people.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21e9...9#.Wd-JoVtSy70

Quote Originally Posted by steve112 View Post
    Hello, happy to be apart of this forum. Steve from Philly here. Ive been suffering from hair loss for about 8 years now. My father always warned me it was in our gene pool but I was still hoping for the best. Unfortunately around the age of 20 my hairline started receeding and now by the age of 28 I am almost completely bald. At one point I was considering a hair transplant a while back when I had some hair but its just so expensive… I also tried all the medications like minioxidil and various vitamins it may of slowed down the process to some degree, clearly not enough... Ive become more self conscious about my hair recently so im back doing research this month. I feel like scalp micropigmentation is a good fit for me especially with the severity of balding ive experienced.

I set up a consultation with chris lopez at hairline ink as I really like his work. I am still really nervous about moving forward. Has anyone had SMP? What were the results like for you?
    I would be very weary of getting smp in any area's that don't contain hair. First very few of them make good hairlines, almost always to low and straight. Second there is always a chance the ink fades or bleeds out after a while, they say they can do touch ups but how many times before it becomes a blur. I think smp is really good to help with scars or as a way of "thickening" existing hair(preferably hair that isn't likely to fall out!) Now the temporary stuff might be ok as you could adjust the hairline to your age, but that would get real expensive over a period of 20 years. Just my opinion.

Agree, pajason. I have been on and off with scalp pigmentation for years now. Seems like so many like to make white guys have an African American/Hispanic hairline. Lots of these people take on line courses too, !!!!!!