So whatever happened to all of these new 'cures'? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post So whatever happened to all of these new 'cures'?

It's 2017. Where are they?

A cures been coming every year, for the last 20 years

2020, at the earliest. Try to focus on other things until then. My advice.

"in the next 5 years"
    or you could face the truth, we'll die bald and ugly.

I'm surprised capitalism hasn't solved it yet, you would be overnight trillionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    I'm surprised capitalism hasn't solved it yet
    You should not. It is an extremely complex phenomenon. In a publication that saw the light just a few days ago, the researchers identified 287 genetic regions linked to baldness. Yup, hundreds of them. And who knows what else is waiting to be discovered. As a side note, they found that many genetic signals for this condition are coming from the X chromosome that men inherit form their mothers.

It is extremely difficult to solve medically this kind of puzzle in a safe way. It could easily take centuries before we see a cure acting at the level of the genes. But who knows, perhaps regenerative medicine could provide a temporary solution in a few decades from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    You should not. It is an extremely complex phenomenon. In a publication that saw the light just a few days ago, the researchers identified 287 genetic regions linked to baldness. Yup, hundreds of them. And who knows what else is waiting to be discovered. As a side note, they found that many genetic signals for this condition are coming from the X chromosome that men inherit form their mothers.

It is extremely difficult to solve medically this kind of puzzle in a safe way. It could easily take centuries before we see a cure acting at the level of the genes. But who knows, perhaps regenerative medicine could provide a temporary solution in a few decades from now.
    I registred just to respond to this post.
    You know that MPB is androgen related right ? If you block the androgen somehow you will never go Bald, castrated men never go Bald for example, even if they have 1000 genes of baldness.
    it is even proven that lowering dht by 70% will be enough to keep your hair.
    We're not talking about curing the genetic follicle weakness against the chain of reactions that involve Dht, we just need to block the ****er or its receptors locally, Waiting for follicle cloning research to get results.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    I'm surprised capitalism hasn't solved it yet, you would be overnight trillionaires.
    Why? The "industry" is making BILLIONS on drugs, rugs and plugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Gon View Post
    I registred just to respond to this post.
    You know that MPB is androgen related right ? If you block the androgen somehow you will never go Bald, castrated men never go Bald for example, even if they have 1000 genes of baldness.
    it is even proven that lowering dht by 70% will be enough to keep your hair.
    We're not talking about curing the genetic follicle weakness against the chain of reactions that involve Dht, we just need to block the ****er or its receptors locally, Waiting for follicle cloning research to get results.
    Yes, I know all this. Yet, MPB is still here torturing innocent souls. One question is, can you really intervene in such a drastic way in the hormones' cycle inside the human body, even locally, without creating serious side effects? I don't have an answer to this question. The lack of serious options in this direction could be an indication for two things: either a lack of interest or it is not that simple messing with the hormones to that point. As I said, I don't know which is the case here.

From my part, I envision a drastic solution that will eradicate this pestilence once and for all without any side effects. As indicated in the paper I linked to, they have already the knowledge to develop a diagnostic tool for severe hair loss. Imagine now one day when a young man in his teens, or even before, could walk into some clinic, perform the diagnosis and receive if necessary some genetic modification that will prevent any hair loss. I think this will come one day, but it will be in a distant future.

Of course, in the meantime a cure can come from regenerative medicine. Already some serious steps have been undertaken in this direction. But getting rid of the baldness genes would be the perfect solution.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Why? The "industry" is making BILLIONS on drugs, rugs and plugs!
    Sadly, this is a reality.