So whatever happened to all of these new 'cures'?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gon
    • Mar 2017

double post.

Comment

• Vox
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by LusciousLadyLocks
      Right. 40% of people with hair loss are women.
      There are several grades of severity and consequences of hair loss. For example, I have not yet seen one, just one, all ages included, bald woman. I mean in the way men go bald, shiny head and all.

Originally posted by LusciousLadyLocks
      And women have exactly HOW many treatments for sexual dysfunction, even though it is a BIGGER problem with post-menopausal women than older men? One. And it's invasive and VERY, VERY new
      Please, enlighten me. I am not aware about the problem and the treatment you talk about. But whatever the case, you refer to something age related. Anything in that category is much more difficult, and impossible after some point, to tackle. On the other hand, there are plenty of young men, even below their 30's, that are either balding or are already bald.

Comment

• lastcome
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by BaldBearded
        Why? The "industry" is making BILLIONS on drugs, rugs and plugs!
        Exactly.

Comment

• zurich
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by lastcome
          Exactly.
          If women went bald the way men do there would be a cure by now. It would be a national emergency and treated like a terrible disease. With men it's just accepted as a fact of life, a part of natural ageing.

Comment

• tylerbose
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by zurich
            If women went bald the way men do there would be a cure by now. It would be a national emergency and treated like a terrible disease. With men it's just accepted as a fact of life, a part of natural ageing.
            honestly, it really seems like nobody gives a flying **** about us (pardon me the expression), even the current treatments we have were found accidentally, Propecia, Fin, minox..... were all meant to treat something else, they just stumbled upon a hair growing side effect.

reading your comment reminded me about that treatment they made for women with facial hirsutism its called Vaniqa i think and it makes hair shorter and thinner.

some lab spent millions looking for a cure to help women, while lasers, electrolysis and various hair removal methods already exist.

they just felt like adding some cherry on the cake.

so yeah, they can spend millions to make hair shorter and thinner but not to make them long and thick (actually there is, its Bimatoprost, it makes women's eyelash longer)

its like male esthetic problems don't exist, we're just supposed to get over it.

Comment

• Jackito
              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by tylerbose
              honestly, it really seems like nobody gives a flying **** about us (pardon me the expression), even the current treatments we have were found accidentally, Propecia, Fin, minox..... were all meant to treat something else, they just stumbled upon a hair growing side effect.

reading your comment reminded me about that treatment they made for women with facial hirsutism its called Vaniqa i think and it makes hair shorter and thinner.

some lab spent millions looking for a cure to help women, while lasers, electrolysis and various hair removal methods already exist.

they just felt like adding some cherry on the cake.

so yeah, they can spend millions to make hair shorter and thinner but not to make them long and thick (actually there is, its Bimatoprost, it makes women's eyelash longer)

its like male esthetic problems don't exist, we're just supposed to get over it.
              Society has changed a lot in recent years. Because of social media everybody has become obsessed with the way they look and the idea of perfection. I'm kind of glad that society is following this route because hair loss has the biggest effect on one's appearance which means many companies will hopefully invest into finding a cure. I'm bewildered at how one hasn't already been discovered with the amount of people who suffer from hair loss. It has the potential to become the biggest and most prosperous industry on the planet yet for some reason we still only have 2 products that on the market that actually prevent loss. Surely something new has to arise soon.. we're long due a new treatment.

Comment

• lastcome
                • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Jackito
                Society has changed a lot in recent years. Because of social media everybody has become obsessed with the way they look and the idea of perfection. I'm kind of glad that society is following this route because hair loss has the biggest effect on one's appearance which means many companies will hopefully invest into finding a cure. I'm bewildered at how one hasn't already been discovered with the amount of people who suffer from hair loss. It has the potential to become the biggest and most prosperous industry on the planet yet for some reason we still only have 2 products that on the market that actually prevent loss. Surely something new has to arise soon.. we're long due a new treatment.
                Optimism aside, I'm in agreement that it's likely they could cure or already have cured it but why when $ is involved with all the bull crap they sell us? If any of us were the founder of one of the big three products we would have billions of dollars and more than enough to shut down anything new that came along. I mean I would, wouldn't you? We're talking major $.

Comment

• akai
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BoSox
                  2020, at the earliest. Try to focus on other things until then. My advice.

2020 is here

Comment

• BaldBearded
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by akai
                    2020 is here
                    Yeah... and there is other shit going on that is maybe a bit more important than your ****ing hair!!!!!

Comment

Working...